There is unironically nothing wrong with this mindset

There is unironically nothing wrong with this mindset.

Attached: 1637797415769.jpg (500x482, 67.86K)

>I HECKIN' LOVE QUIP-A-RINOS!
>is that a... LE QUIP? AAAAH I'M GONNA LAUGH!
>QUIPS ARE BASED!!!!

Attached: v44be9adol571.jpg (427x400, 40.24K)

can work if it fits the characters. but having literally everyone quip and play along when the world is in danger gets really tiresome

I dont get it, are these characters quipping before death?

>insert quip

Attached: i.jpg (1920x1080, 111.9K)

It's about moderation. If you undermine EVERY serious moment with a stupid one-liner or joke then it gets tiresome.

>>insert quip
* sigh *

He died as he lived.

mcu and it's consequences have been a disaster for cinema

I think the bottom scene isn't even that bad, a little bit of gallows humor is fine.
Constant quips during serious drains all tension though.

>buh buh I dindo nuttin boss!

It's what rakes in the billions and it still continues to grow.

That tells a lot about society

It's not trying to be anything more than a cartoon and single serving light show. It's self-aware at least.

The one on the bottom is. He's mortally wounded fighting a bad guy. While he's sitting there bleeding out he sees a door/button/switch on the airship turn on that previously no one had any idea what it did.

It's was kino.

Now I know how the cornbread feels!!

>I can't breath!

Attached: 1612760728489.jpg (1024x687, 54.02K)

If you knew how you were going to die, what would be your final quip

>This is new and exciting

maybe once or twice. whedon and whedonites do it all the fucking time. humor is subversion of expectations. if it's 100% of the time, you expect it and it's not funny anymore.

Quality of media cannot be quantified, its just slinging opinions back and forth without end. How many people actually were willing to pay money to see it, however, is an objective metric that can be measured.

It depends, if I were on an airplane that is about to crash, I'd scream "Allahu ackbar" as loud as possible just no mess with the NTSB.
If I'm about to die in a hospital or something I'd explain the Sneed scene before passing away

Depends on how I was gonna did
Give me a method of my death and I’ll tell you my quip

This mindset destroyed writing in the 2010s and maybe in the 2020's too.

incidentally, saw avengers 2012 this weekend
after like ages when I was a kid

people seems to be complaining about quips
but the dialogues are actually fucking great
they bring major characters together and they all play off of each other
everyone maintains decent presence
but maintain their character
no one becomes suddenly moron because other character needs be shown smart
after loki is in custody its fucking A tier stuff

and in all this they manage to put in few jokes
and imo they really found good balance

Attached: black widow2.png (1280x686, 1.16M)

There's unironically nothing wrong with breaking tension with quips and humor. It's lead to several memorable moments in media.

You're remembering it wrong retard. The scene was him dragging out the wreckage gun SHIELD had made from the robot Thor fought in New Mexico and admitting he didn't even know how it worked. Then he gets stabbed by Loki. Then he shoots Loki with it anyway, and is pretty amused with how effective it was.

Attached: main-qimg-b747015c8affadf9d8068bbfad0b2068.png (1280x720, 836.34K)

>he didn't fry so good

>unironically

Attached: 1610052041901.jpg (1439x1434, 421.48K)

Attached: 1601020728883.jpg (712x712, 38.61K)

>It's lead to several memorable moments in media.
actually all it's done is destroy memorable moments and turn them in the memorably bad ones.

worst part isnt even the quips. what i want to know is where is there like weird void in dialogue/awkward silences in these movies. spiderman is the worst for it

Marvel is childish and dumb.

why does tension need to be broken?

We can't sell this 40 old chicken nugget

It destroys all tension you just built and makes you not get invested in future tension. All future tension has 'a boy who cried wolf' effect where it can't move you because you know it's all just going to devolve into a shitty joke. Can no longer take the movie seriously since the characters aren't taking it seriously either. They're clearly not worried, so why should I be? I should just sit there and make jokes about the movie during dramatic parts too. And if that's the case then why have dramatic parts at all? Just make a full blown comedy flick.

So zoomers don't shid and fard in their pants at the prospect of seeing any kind of struggle and suffering.

>after like ages when I was a kid
How old are you nigga?

The “reason” is because it makes the scene better by juxtaposing two different emotions. You seem to think that any breaking of tension is automatically self-referential and 4th wall breaking and it’s not. You’re just retarded. Again you expect a “real reason” fucking define what you mean. When does a story make a decision for a “real reason?” Do you mean thematic sense?

first avengers is still my favorite one.

>by juxtaposing two different emotions
why does this make it better

Why did he need a gun? a fat average human can take Loki without a problem

frfr that shit be bussin no cap

Attached: lotr quip.jpg (2031x2548, 1.31M)

I unironically don’t understand why he is like this now because there are NUMEROUS deaths in Buffy and Angel where he doesn’t do this reddit shit. He used to know when to stop the quips but he’s become a meme of himself.

>So how you like your Coffey roasted?

>makes the scene better by juxtaposing two different emotions
but that makes it worse

What you are looking to describe is irony, where the presence of one set of emotions is elevated by showing us the reverse. Unironically the best modern filmmaker at doing this is Wes Anderson. The Royal Tenenbaums is perfect at juxaposing chic cute aesthetics with literal heartbreak and suicide. It helps you connect to the characters and feel for them when your emotional guard is broken by the aesthetic. Marvel quips do the inverse of this; a standard action-drama is interrupted by externally forced quips to ensure no real emotions are felt at all.

>Well you better go find one then

>it makes the scene better by juxtaposing two different emotions
how does that make it better? It makes it confused and subvert everything it worked to build.
>You seem to think that any breaking of tension is automatically self-referential and 4th wall breaking and it’s not
literally no one said that