Doctor Who Rumor Suggests David Tennant Will Play 14th Doctor with Catherine Tate returning to the Tardis

>Doctor Who Rumor Suggests David Tennant Will Play 14th Doctor with Catherine Tate returning to the Tardis

There's no way the BBC is this fucking desperate right?

Attached: tennant.jpg (300x212, 17.8K)

Chibnall has near irreparably harmed the show to the point where it's nearing a situation it has to be cancelled again.

Russel T. Davies conveniently becomes show runner after viewing ratings plummet and fans rebel during Who rewatch during the pandemic against Chibnall

Most old fans consider Chibnall / Jodie era to be the worst in the shows history.

...Yes, they're this desperate.

9, 10 and 11 were getting about 7 million viewers per episode on average. 12 was getting around 6 million. Nurse Who is getting 4 million. They know damn well what they've done, though personally I doubt the rumours are true, I think they'll continue to be shit and woke because they don't need viewers or money.

What can I say the bbc gives the audience what it wants. In this case two big actors that are huge stars in the show

>fans rebel during Who rewatch during the pandemic against Chibnall
What?

I want to piss inside this old slag

Assuming this is true, what reason would Tennant have to accept this? He will risk ruining his legacy if his new Doctor sucks or got woke

That’s just sad.

would unironically watch
not watched it since he died originally

Attached: 1643476953027.jpg (809x865, 185.26K)

Wasn't there only supposed to be 13 incarnations of the Doctor anyway?

The formula needs completely upended. Having a returning doctor would be a first.

only way i'd see tennant signing on is if the character he plays is the meta-tennant and not the actual doctor, but i guess with how little they care about the plot in that show anymore that's one line of dialogue away from being the same thing.

I will allow it if his personality is different maybe darker

>the bbc gives the audience what it wants
If that was the case then Jodie wouldn't be the longest running Doctor Who since Jon Pertwee. It's been perfectly clear from the ratings that nobody likes her.

Yeah but the bbc is also all about anticipation which is a big part of its audience pleasuring technique. The dip in quality was allowed for a huge comeback

Yeah but they actually had to solve that in the episode where Matt Smith's doctor was dying because Tennant regenerated twice (the first time staying as himself) so he was already at the limit. The Time Lords granted him more regenerations or some shit. Capaldi was a good actor for the Doctor but the stories they gave him were so shit that I just pretend Matt Smith was the last doctor.

Also one of the absolute garbage things Chibnall did is retcon the whole thing away anyway, the Doctor was originally a black girl who could regenerate as many times as she wanted and the Time Lords stole her powers so they could make themselves regenerate. Yes I'm serious.

Why don't just use Barrowman then, not harder explaining how he is a future doctor compared to how Tennant can be one twice.

Barrowman has been cancelled as a sex-pest.

There was a pretty great special called The Day of the Doctor which had Matt Smith, David Tennant, John Hurt and Tom Baker all playing different versions of the Doctor, at the end it turns out that the Tom Baker doctor was actually not a past but a later one, and later in his life The Doctor will re-use some of his old faces - "but just the old favourites, eh?"

>it's nearing a situation it has to be cancelled again.
The last episode, Eve of the Daleks, shown on New Year's Day 2022, was the least watched episode of Doctor Who since The Curse of Fenric (Part 3) in 1989, which was 4 episodes before the show got cancelled. And that was a fucking special too, the Tennant and Smith specials used to get around 10 million viewers.

>Doctor was originally a black girl who could regenerate as many times as she wanted and the Time Lords stole her powers so they could make themselves regenerate
Wew
Truly the pinnacle of writing and creativity.

Attached: 1622563420471.jpg (640x640, 83.33K)

At this point they have to pull another in universe retcon, like how they explained nobody remembering all the shit from 9/10’s run. Except this time it’s not to facilitate stories without having to go over it time and time again, but just so the audience know that the writers grasp 13’s run went full retard and by implication they won’t.

The show really went downhill when Peal Mackie left..

A doctor who special used to be an event to look forward to, either as the spark of things to come or the end of an era.
Now they’re just gasps from a series trying to get people to remember it exists, and failing.

>Capaldi was a good actor for the Doctor but the stories they gave him were so shit
it's so so so so tiresome

fans did some like group rewatch thing at the start of the pandemic, RTD and Tennant gave them shoutouts... pretty sure they skipped the jodie/chibnall era and also skipped chib's episodes throughout new who