At the very least Augustus and Achilles are USUALLY portrayed properly...

At the very least Augustus and Achilles are USUALLY portrayed properly. Brad Pitt is probably one of the most accurate castings of an ancient person ever.

Attached: file.png (432x466, 268.44K)

>Brad Pitt is probably one of the most accurate castings of an ancient person ever.
Probably not, but I like stylized historical movies more than accurate ones.

does anyone else find it weird how often Mediterraneans in Classical pieces are depicted as dark-skinned and swarthy when their descriptions from the sources are anything but?

Achilles, blonde
Augustus, blonde
Heraclius, the Partho-Armenian Emperor of Rome, blonde
and yet

Achilles had red-blonde hair. Pitt genuinely looks to Nordic as well.

what are you trying to say

That the swarthening of the Mediterranean has forever wiped away the regional light-haired phenotypes. Even the few semi-blonde middle-easterners left are just the left-overs of the central Asian Turk upper class of the Middle Ages.

>has forever wiped away the regional light-haired phenotypes.
how do you know these existed and weren't just nordic as in the early romans germanic hypothesis?
even on mainstream latins and germanics are very close in some haplogroups
the same could be true for proto-greek pops

>early romans germanic hypothesis
Not him but what the fuck are you talking about you literal dreg

get an education you doofus

>greeks were actually from northern europe
k

Early Romans didn't even live anywhere close to Germanic peoples you stupid shitposter

>northern europeans are actually from greece

>Be reading the classics
>Surprised at how often various gods/characters are described as blonde

Bros, I'm starting to think what Prof. Shekelstein taught me in undergrad might not have been the full story.

Attached: greek_blonds.jpg (614x354, 86.33K)

holy hell you guys are illiterate
no one is actually native from europe, modern european populations got here at several intervals
people didn't just emerge from the forests of scandinavia one day
slavs arrived in europe only 1400 years ago
dumb arses

Proto-Italic (the ancestral language of the Romans) was spoken just north of the Alps in 2500 BC. Proto-Germanic was spoken in Scandinavia in 2000 BC. Do you see how they weren't living near each other and therefore the early Romans couldn't possibly have been Germanic because there was a literal ocean of Celtic speakers in between them? Kys 75 IQ retard we wuzfag

That Pitt looks too Germanic

>slavs arrived in europe only 1400 years ago
not true Slavic language split from Baltic language in Europe no less than 1 millennium bc look up linguistics and this was in central europe probably

i'm talking of genetic lineages, not linguistic ones
you dunning kruger addled moron
the early roman germanic hypothesis accounts for this, as it hypothesizes a warrior elite being culturally absorbed
you might aswell be arguing that african american descended from anglo-saxons at this point

That is a med trolling you lool

i rewatched troy recently after having read the illiad and I really didn't like it this time around, brad pitt and orlando bloom being shit actors was one of the many reasons.

Have you been smoking crack today?

>slavs arrived in europe only 1400 years ago
Nords and Slavs, and most Celts for that matter are descended from Corded Ware Culture Indo-Europeans and have been there since the bronze age. Western Slavs mostly just moved into areas settled by the Germanic peoples either left or had no interest in defending with any serious effort anymore.

Correct take, but I still liked Pitt

Earlier than the bronze age. Corded Ware emerged in 2900 BC and didn't have bronze. They had a neolithic economy based on pastoralism and farming. Bronze age is true for western europe and the bell beaker culture though.

>i don't have any argument left
ok?

Lol at Peloponnesian turks and other hairy manlets crying about accuracy with the source just because they squat where these ancient people lived and don't like what they see in the mirror every morning.
Achilles the demi-god was blonde, played by a blonde actor, Hector, champion of men, black haired, played by a black haired actor, Menelaus, another blonde, played by a blonde actor.
Cope.

They had arsenic bronze by that point, including bronze axes, just no swords. That's how the Battle Axe Culture in Scandinavia developed before they ever had enough access to make bronze swords in NW Europe. CWC established the trade routes and exported tin.

Oh shoot finally an user who knows this shit better than I do

muh petrocales