Uncharted

The Uncharted movie is coming out in 2 weeks.

Where is the hype?

Attached: FKWtFkpXMAInWtY.jpg (685x1000, 187.72K)

Everyone just intrinsically understands its going to suck

This. Also Tom Holland is kind of typecasted as a kid, normally. In the trailer for this at the beginning of spiderman, he's working as a bartender. That shit threw me off, because in like ten minutes we see him as a highschooler in spiderman.

I was told Tom Holland was a huge star. Surely this will do well.

It'll be like that Tomb Raider movie from 2018; solid all round but not excellent at anything and it's been made far too late relative to the hype for the thing it's adapting. They'll adapt some of the set pieces from the games but probably won't have the budget to do any of the cool supernatural stuff so it'll be bland shooty-shooty antics with mercenaries. Also doing an Uncharted movie is fucking stupid because the whole point of the franchise is that it's getting to play through a knockoff Indiana Jones-type adventure - it's excellent as a game but the stores and characters are nothing special. Also the casting is atrocious: Tom Holland is playing the Indiana Jones adventurer but he looks like a little kid, and Sully's supposed to be a charming silver fox Burt Reynolds type but they've got Marky Mark.

marky mark should've been drake if anything

This whole project feels like one of those "we're obligated to make a movie because of some deal over rights which we signed about 5 years ago" things. Utterly uninspired and zero-effort all round.

He's good at playing earnest/angry idiots and that's about it.

not good actors for the roles maybe. dunno i'll probably watch it anyway because i like treasure hunting shit

He's in college in the new spiderman, completely believable to see a kid like that working, maybe not as common to see them bartending, but still possible.

Pretty sure they already did this bit with the character hanging onto some cargo swinging from a plane in one of the James Bond movies, and probably a couple of others.
But they're showing it off here like it's big fucking intense moment.

it happens in the games if i remember right, so of course it has to be a thing in a prequel movie

love uncharted but dislike tom holland, what to do

as long as it is based off of nate drake and sully younger than they are in the games it is OK
Obviously hollywood will fuck it up but the games are basically interactive movies inspired by movies like indiana jones so it would be incredibly hard to fuck it up.
Games just go like this
>dialogue and quips cutscene
>climbing and puzzle segment
>shooting and action segment
>back to dialogue rinse repeat
If they cannot even just do that, even if the script is shit then god help us we will never get vidya kino

yeah in number 3

The games have been retconned now. Sully never met Nate as an adult like in the film and now either.

they're just mashing up a load of popular parts from all of the games
the casting is god awful, couldn't have been much worse

Will Sony drop my kino trailer with that movie??
>65 (April 29, 2022)
Directed by Scott Beck.

A lone astronaut crash-lands on a mysterious planet that appears to be abandoned aside from two mysterious girls whose origins he seeks to uncover. Music by Oingo Boingo lead.

>Adam Driver
>Ariana Greenblatt
>Chloe Coleman

Attached: 1633136629763.jpg (1339x633, 169.85K)

These posters all look bad because his proportions are fucked. They can't hide the fact that he's an unintimidating effeminate manlet.

Why is the film canon? The trailer alone conflicts with 2 and 3.

Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg..wtf were they thinking??