>be me
>just start in person film classes after 2 years online
>take french cinema
>watch pic related for assignment
>professor asks our opinion on it
>50/50 split
>professor explains how movie is racist because no black people
>kid raises his hand
>"I thought I liked this movie, but after checking my privilege, I realize I actually hate it"
Please tell me not all film majors are like this

Attached: Amelie-926671329-large.jpg (1024x768, 87.4K)

And then everyone clapped.

I feel like he might've just been wokebaiting

why are there kids on your class?

The only reason I download FITGIRL repacks is because they are the only ones being seeded.

Attached: 98087979.png (468x468, 141.63K)

No one clapped, but a few people piggy backed off
Probably, but what a fucking dumbass
You don't call people 'kid'? In the midwest we say "this fuckin' kid"

Hey retard, when someone says "and everyone clapped" it means we don't think it actually happened. You told a fake story for (you)s

no one gives a fuck what some flyover inbreds say to each other

Savage.

Attached: 1643134752538.jpg (1271x720, 39.88K)

Yeah this is how it is I guess. I did a British film module and we watched film exclusively by Indians and blacks and talked about colonialism. Hitchcock week was all about how he was a rapist even though it was meant to be about his filming techniques and shit. It's a pretty useless degree though I'm still unemployed a year after I finished.

>Film major
Ngmi

I'm aware you're mocking me lmao. Why would I lie about that though? Like really, why would I lie about that? (You)s aren't worth anything, if you think your Any Forums score is so important you should be on reddit. I asked if I was gonna be in for another 2 years of that shit. For the last 3 weeks we've just been watching movies and the discussion always immediately goes to how racist old movies are and it's getting annoying.
Don't ask questions if you don't want them answered

>ngmi
Don't remind me user...

>professor explains how movie is racist because no black people
Is that going to be all he tells you for every French film you watch that was made before 2000?
It's your 15k a semester, I guess.

That was my thing, I felt like the criticism didn't make any sense because it kind of applies to every French movie pre-2007. No one complained about the lack of diversity in Trip to the Moon or A Nous la Liberte

Nobody has gay sex in the Four Hundred Blows, better stop watching that. Not a single Asian in Dîner Des Cons, out it goes!

The implication that all works of art will be retroactively judged on how many brown gay women they have completely disturbs me. In another class we spent the entire lecture talking about why we WEREN'T going to study Birth of a Nation which, granted, was explained pretty well but the whole program seems like one big cope

With a film major, the best you can hope for us working in a office in a job completely unrelated to your degree

I know this is just a meme/bait post but i love this movie so much.

WHERE ARE MY REPACKS TRANNY?

it doesn't apply at all. it's critical race theory bullshit. the universities have been taken over by race-marxists.

Fitgirl's a real woman, chud

Must be an easy class to pass. Just make up a bullshit story about how Godard is a racist and misogynist and you'll ace the class.