Could a Warhammer 40k series work? Animated or Live Action?

Could a Warhammer 40k series work? Animated or Live Action?
Arcane shows that there's an audience for this while keeping the pozzed element to a minimum

Attached: 1624398882634.jpg (1200x800, 67.58K)

There ARE series out like right this moment. just on the Warhamer channel and I think they didn't bother to finish the season of one of them. i heard, i dunno

there was an animated one recently released about the blood angels, it was pretty alright

Henry Cavill here. No.

Attached: 1617024729100.jpg (1080x1295, 218.71K)

I mean an actual series. Not the barely animated (sometimes it's just stills) shitshows on games workshop streaming service that 10 people are subscribed to

Neil Robertson here. Maybe.

Attached: 1638461864539.webm (640x480, 1.73M)

>Could a Warhammer 40k series work?
Astartes
Angels of Death
Hammer & Bolter

and soon: Eisenhorn and the animation about the Tau

Attached: 18-14864-5572.jpg (399x400, 46.59K)

Henry Cavill would make a great Ciaphas Cain.

so no?
one of those is good and it's only 10 minutes long

Live action? No
Animated? Sure

Yeah, cgi really isn't good enough to make it live action. Imagine even little things like having to depict an Astartes or Primarch in and out of their armor. No one is a 7-10 ft, roided out hulk irl

Pretty sure GW killed the creator of Astartes, or locked him in the basement at GW HQ at the very least.

>There ARE series out like right this moment
user I...

We're talking about an actual major show user. Not your games workshop slideshows

Was just gonna ask if he's done anything since GW acquired him

>arcane
Was a failure. They spent 6 years on it and it wasn't even popular in the US

GW won't let it happen. Astartes was the closest we were going to get and that's dead now.

I simply do not trust Games Workshop to create something good outside the game itself.
I've been into 40k since '94 and they just fuck it up every single time they try to make some sort of media.
Astartes was the best introduction to 40k for people who have no clue what it's about. Games Workshop have never created anyting even close to that. You could show this to people who would normally say "warhammer? That nerdy shit?" and they'd see this and go "hey that's pretty cool"

But Games Workshop fuck everything they touch really. Everything they have produced have been terribly animated, terribly narrated, terrible voice acting. Everything comes off so corny and bad.
They would rather lose money by making terrible shit (even that fucking pathetic tv subscrtiption channel shit thing they started) than other people make something better. I will never trust them to make anything good outside of the actual game and I've been fucking in it since 1994.

It was extremely popular in the US, it was like the top 3rd show

based. Sad state of affairs though
Even if it's only half decent, a big mainstream 40k show would literally print money and would go a long way in normalizing being a fan of it. Even today when "nerd" culture is at it's highest people are still embarrassed to be warhammer fans

If anything the most generous assumption is that they have him working on a feature length production which will take 2+ years. Although I'd hate for that to be the case because the appeal of Astartes was it's lack of dialogue and inferred plot which won't translate to a longer format.

No it wasn't

why isnt there a video game version of the tabletop? when i first learned how the tabletop is played, that you need a tape measure, manual, you need to look from the POV of your figurines to figure out if they can see someone, etc., i literally could not believe that there isnt a video game version of this
i assume they want to stay purist when it comes to the tabletop, but to me a tabletop video game seems like a golden goose in terms of monetization, and since GW is probably the most jewish company in existence, it seems weird

Attached: 1639659327933.png (600x400, 207.71K)

Attached: 1638362906223.png (2474x3000, 1.04M)

Yes, it was. There is clearly an audience for this sort of show

Attached: 1638348879960.jpg (1108x651, 216.15K)

Why is GW such fucking faggots.
They clearly have a fanbase of middle-class nerds gifted with enough time and money to artistically churn their time into excellent fan projects. Somehow for GW this is a problem despite its essentially free advertisement. Fuck fat nigger IP lawyers

No it wasn't. Arcane failed everywhere except Slavic and sandnigger shitholes

You're ignoring 2 images that clearly prove you wrong so I'm going to assume you have a grudge against Arcane for some reason
This thread is about a potential 40k show so I don't care to argue this anymore, I've already proved you wrong.

It was a failure and you are also a failure

1. GW top brass literally does not understand video game. As in, they don't actually know what a video game is.
2. All they see is the money they'd supposedly lose. Someone probably told them "look, we can make a version of the tabletop that can be played on computer, and people will buy it for 60 bucks". A decent 40k army costs 200 bucks and a blowjob, at the absolute best.

Your only chance to get the tabletop on PC is when 3d printing becomes more and more commonplace, and even then GW will keep enforcing the rule that only official figures are authorized to play the game.

If they could nail the look, feel and tone of Astartes in a live action setting, then it would be fucking incredible.
The best thing Games Workshop could do was something like take the guy who made Astartes, give him a big load of money so he could get a team together and say "do what you like as long as it doesn't go outside the vision of 40k" (which he has proved he wouldn't do in Astartes)
Or get him to be part of a team to make a live action version.
Look how much story telling he put into fucking 10 minutes where the only spoken line is barely audible.
Just make all of astartes, shot for shot, as the opening of the live action movie or series pilot and people would be hooked.