I really wanted to like this, I wanted a young female protagonist kicking ass, leanring the ropes, scavaging...

I really wanted to like this, I wanted a young female protagonist kicking ass, leanring the ropes, scavaging, making mistakes etc
Any films like that, I really enjoy Nausicca.

Attached: starwars.jpg (2000x1369, 322.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-11-19/cowboy-bebop-netflix-faye-valentine-julia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The main thing these movies lacked were shots of her ass in tight pants.

Was she a mary sue? It seems like she just magically new everything and was able to take on and beat super powerful MF's that have been training since birth.

Feminists are incapable of writing good stories, since they have a cartoonish black/white world view that lacks any nuance, and they're not even interested in telling good stories just making political propaganda. Intersectional feminism and other critical theories are now dominant among the writing and producing class in Hollywood sadly.

Something like Nausicaa works is because it treats the protagonist normally, and she is vulnerable rather than being an invulnerable superman. Nausicaa could in theory fail, but Rey cannot since she is seemingly a force god made into human flesh. She is perfect at everything without effort, and defeats everyone without trying.

If you want to feel depressed, read the LA Times piece with the Cowboy Bebop writers, who explained that any female character who is a side character is sexist, and simply making the female character more powerful is thus good writing. Bad writing styles and mistakes are now being paradded as progressive.

latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-11-19/cowboy-bebop-netflix-faye-valentine-julia

cleopatra 2525 maybe? but it's tv show not movie

>I wanted a young female protagonist kicking ass

Why? Women are physically flimsy. The only person a woman can beat is a smaller woman. Or a child.

Attached: 1635501166936.jpg (599x555, 93.88K)

Women being badasses is my favouritegenre of fiction

Attached: suckoff.jpg (640x960, 41.14K)

It's definitely fiction.

Attached: 1455447384766.png (418x1063, 307.34K)

bump

Attached: 1631316982.jpg (1434x1608, 389.67K)

I don't understand how Disney didn't had a plan for the whole trilogy.
>related

Attached: phoebe.jpg (2048x1536, 308.89K)

I never really got the obsession guys had for Jolie, but looking at those lips now I fully understand, jesus fucking christ

"They're just dumb kid's films. just have JJ write the first one and they'll work it out"

They, like many of the star wars copy-cats totally under-estimated it.

That is one ugly girl jesus christ

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

watch nadia.

Attached: 516592[2].jpg (1546x1877, 2.99M)

>was able to take on and beat super powerful MF's that have been training since birth.
her beating Kylo Ren was the least of Force Awakens's problems, and actually one of the few things about it I defend. He got shot in the fucking gut, he was literally trying to keep his wound closed mid-fight

Attached: 1614649210286.jpg (1920x800, 622.94K)

Honestly I was more mad that they just happened to find the Millennium Falcon, and she just happened to know how to fly it, and then that useless lightspeed hopping shit.
I pretty much only got into Star Wars because of the cool ships.

yeah but she's a literal force user so its not like she needs physical strength.

i like a "badass" female character, its just the shit ones that suck like when they are manhandling 6'5 roidfreak, it just becomes too unreal at that point.

Don't forget to try in mind

>be me
>18 when force awakens comes out
>excited as hell, always loved the OT and PT with all their general shittiness
>go to opening night screening with 16 yo gf
>front row seats
>saved money for popcorn, soda, candy
>movie starts
>super excited
>you talk first I talk first
>okay, this is our smooth talker
>POOOORRTIONS