Wait what was his job?

Wait what was his job?

Attached: PzPq6Pbn5RqgrWunhEx6rg-1200-80.jpg (600x350, 18.78K)

vice president mergers and acquisitions

Oh, oh, oh, he's a transpons... transponster!

buy shit for lazy rich people, sell it at a profit.

Checking these

I kneel

Chief labia inspector

His rich daddy gave him an office where he sits and does nothing, and collects a fat cheque.
He does nothing, contributes nothing, accomplishes nothing. It's the root of his identity issues.

ceo at the business store

Checking dubs

The root of his issues are that he's a sociopath whose brain is wired up wrong. People like that don't care if they get paid for doing nothing, in fact they likely feel they deserve it.

Attached: 1621914583926.gif (265x308, 1.95M)

importer/exporter

This

murders and assassinations

That's not even a word!

The book and movie were a critique of yuppie culture and corporate fratboy mentality. Bateman needs recognition and validation. Craves it. Is so desperate for it that he confesses to his murders, but his true self cannot be seen through the veneer of his public persona. His comeuppance, his punishment, is that he is so unremarkable that he can't even face consequences for his actions when he wants them. He is denied a purpose.

I gotta ask, did you watch the movie?

Attached: 1642717297111.jpg (422x411, 45.68K)

Attached: FHZRPKuWQAsrwQw.jpg (749x534, 72.43K)

Nice

His desperate need for validation doesn't stem from having a high-paying but worthless job, it comes from his abusive, neglectful childhood, like 99% of real life cases. He despises his father, yet knows he would be nothing without his father's wealth and connections, creating an agonizing cognitive dissonance. The book makes that abundantly clear, it's an outlet for BEE's own frustrations about his shoddy childhood like so many other controversial novels

murders and executions

Checking these sweet dubs o' mine

>Ellis claims that while his family life growing up was somewhat difficult due to the divorce, he mostly had an "idyllic" California childhood