Good acting

>Good acting
>Doesn't make Hans the Conscript look like Ludwig Von Genocide like most WW2 films
>Doesn't glorify war but still has good battle scenes
>The main cast aren't stereotypical soldier types, they're all just regular wagies and retards who are murdering as a temp job.
>The only bad part of the movie was the final battle which still looks good but it's just unrealistic and jarring.
>Makes everyone in this movie seem like unfortunate men who ended up fighting other unfortunate men.

I thought you guys said this movie was bad?

Attached: fury.jpg (1200x797, 143.97K)

The last act is bad but the rest is pretty good

It is bad

I literally forgot everything about it the day after I watched it. It only does one good thing and that's being unremarkable.

Killing the tiddy girl ruined it for me. Was such a blatant kill the cutie trope because DAE WAR IS BAD. And the flat faced fellow and labeef having a pissing contest over who can overact the hardest got tiresome.

Attached: 3C7AB1EC-B79D-4E12-A914-794E02CFA345.jpg (4026x2603, 2.99M)

>19D in a heavy armor unit with a bunch of 19Ks when this came out
>every single swinging dick in fort hood had this haircut for like 6 months
cringe, not watching it because of that

Marines, Airborne and any other US volunteers are literalyl the same thing as the SS.

Hwo can americans be this stupid?

Go back

Attached: F769DFD0-4A25-445F-9657-85ED24C0663F.jpg (886x554, 29.16K)

>hi we are american soldiers
>hi teehee, im so unconfortable but guess I will fuck your kid soldier with my relative on the other room and in the middle of a war because no matter the death all around us we are still horny
also
>the guy that kills himself because hes on fire
LOL, LMAO even

>Marines, Airborne and any other US volunteers are literalyl the same thing as the SS.
>
>Hwo can americans be this stupid?
Great question

By 1944 the SS was just the same conscripted bullshit as the rest of the Wehrmacht, the only thing that was different is they could get preferential access to equipment (provided they were an actual German unit)

DO YOU REGRET IT NOW MR KRABS

Attached: 20211002_224202.jpg (2172x3862, 614.95K)

>Americans take no more jap POWs in the pacific because they couldnt trust a couple suicidal nips fake surrendering with grenades to spare the rest
Totally justified. Metal rather than flesh blah blah blah jevvish cattle blah blah blah
>Germans take millions of POWs of which many die in the typhoid epidemic (epidemics are real Chuds!) while ukrainian conscripts revenge kill their neighbors
OMG! simply BEING german = nazi and should be genocided. Quick import more wogs.

It's not great, but also not bad. The movie did a stellar job at showing crew-life though.
Was a 19D a decade ago, but I have never met one as sensitive as you.

I really hate how the "Le high fade Hitler Jugend cut" has become the to-go haircut in every single movie/show for the 10-40's period after 2010.
Don't have any rational explanation for it either. I just feel like it's some kind of revisionism to "take back" that kind of hair cut.

>Look bro we gotta get our jabs so we can go enlist and die in some cold tundra to protect Ivan's borders while they refuse to secure our Southern Border, erode our demographics, destroy Western civilization's culture and history, make your son cut off his genitials and take hormones, and create their beautiful Marxist utopia
>It totally worked out ok the first time
>HoooooRAAAAA LETS ROLL OUT

Attached: 20211018_152002.jpg (2172x3862, 494.43K)

Sorry many ESL culture wars faggots itt

Attached: 3A310116-A999-4F05-B876-82635C612826.jpg (1920x1920, 237.49K)

We really wanted Japanese POWs, we needed more intelligence on their positions. But when someone is intent on killing you, kill them first.

>A Japanese soldier was playing dead in a shell hole until two Marines came across him. After moving the grenade that was with in an arms reach of the Japanese soldier, the Marines ensure he wasn’t booby trapped. They then offer the man a cigarette before taking him captive.

Attached: Have a smoke COMMENT.jpg (800x926, 273.11K)

well this thread is going somewhere

Americans are literal GODS amongst men.
Truly the benevolent fighting force. Everyone is jsut savages oposed to them.
They jsut wanted to save as many japanese lives as possible.
So sad, so sad, GI Joe. why the world cant see this? so sad.

>just unrealistic and jarring.

Was it really that bad? A tank in fortified position against surprised platoon on open field would be able to wreak havok and they did lose in the end.
Only retarded thing was Hans leaving the faggot under the tank alive. Sorry, no matter how good your puppy eyes are, you'll getting the pain if you just shredded my entire team.
There isn't a man alive who wouldn't do it.

>simply BEING german = nazi and should be genocided.

Sounds reasonable.

>Not stereotypes
>the grizzled stern commander with a history with the Germans
>The devout Christian member who's the butt of jokes from the others
>The vulgar psycho who loves to kill
>The token minority Mexican
>The naive young newcomer who becomes tough by the time the movie ends

>hating germans and slavs is totally ok, bro.
>im not racist. i just hate them

>good acting
Not really, most of the acting was average. The young, naive new guy was particularly bad though, kid can't act for shit.

That is fairly accurate from experience. I was the naive newcomer when I joined my crew at 18

17*

OP is making this film out to be a much better film than it actually was. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but don’t elevate it above audience-pleasing schlock.
I do agree that the final battle was pants on head retarded though.

>>The only bad part of the movie was the final battle which still looks good but it's just unrealistic and jarring.
You do realize that actually happened in real life right?

sure, buddy. jsut like the beach landing in saving private ryan, right?

is...is that a STATUE...of a yt person????? im going insaaaaaaaaane yakub help me

And the scene in Midway where a guy got into a plane and shot down a Japanese bomber about to kamikaze into the Enterprise and then got the back half of the plane he was in cut off

Nah, it was quite well done and really tugged at your heartstrings given the fortune telling we saw beforehand.
>The only reason you all thought she was so cute was the dress. German women had short hems by 1945 to save fabric, but that shit belonged on the set of Austin Powers.

Yes or like the solider carrying the other solider as cover while firing his machine gun in hacksaw ridge its all real

Chink

Literally happened.

Why do people keep saying the final act sucks? Do people not understand the power of a fortified position? Even a small one can take out most of an opposing company. Especially that they were also hidden and were able to trick the enemy to walking by real close with their guard down. And since it was just them, ultimately in the end they did lose which also makes sense too. Do people who watch movies just not understand how real war tactics works?

Attached: defensive-positions.jpg (1020x765, 43.88K)

Only that really bugged me was the Germans missing with all their panzerfaust. With a mobility kill, those things are pretty fucking easy to use.

Honestly the real life story of John Basilone sounds like complete Hollywood bullshit ra ra American hero action story but the whole thing ACTUALLY happened. Probably the greatest soldier in American history.

Attached: 1000w_q95.jpg (1000x1500, 629.32K)

Panzerfausts were also notoriously inaccurate though and if it was a relatively new battalion marching down even if SS, those guys wouldn't know how to use it right either especially when panicking that a machine gun is tearing them to shreds. The panzerschreck was the far superior option.

I can name a better fellow Marine (which Basilone was) and Soldier offhand.

The actual biggest inaccuracy that the movie had was when the Tiger got a sideshot on Fury and all it did was dislodge the logs. It's a fucking Tiger's 88mm shell, those fucking logs would have done nothing and Fury would have went up in flames as a result. They could have just done without this scene and things would be pretty accurate. Well except maybe the part where the Tiger kept advancing to the point where it let a Sherman get behind it. That was stupid.

Fair point about the troops, but those things were fairly accurate within 200 meters, and they were well within that range.

EUROPEANS WAKE UP ALREADY!!!!
These americans sucking their own dicks is getting annoying!

>Good acting

Stopped reading there

From experience, anything you can put outside the hull of the vehicle to make it not detonate directly on the hull helps. We used barrels of water in our slate armor.

>Well except maybe the part where the Tiger kept advancing to the point where it let a Sherman get behind it. That was stupid.
If it was a Hitlerjugend division tank they were that fucking stupid, turns out giving the keys to your best armoured units to a unit where only 3% are over the age of 25 isn't the most sound military option

The shell still would have penned easily though. Especially since it was basically point blank too.

But the best armoured units were King Tigers and Panthers.

That guy got tied to an anchor and thrown to the bottom of the sea too. Sucks

They wasted those too

True

i was on carson and every fat tanker got the day off to watch the movie lol

No because i'm a pedo

Attached: 1642501061614.jpg (640x718, 131.93K)

kek

While I mostly agree with you, glancing hits ricochet all the time, especially if they don't hit the hull directly. Even from a Tiger 88

>you'll getting the pain if you just shredded my entire team.
>There isn't a man alive who wouldn't do it.
it's true

The ending was such fucking bullshit, like they really think this one immobile tank is gonna kill 100 soldiers? They'll maybe get 2 and then the soldiers will just surround it and wait it out. Idk why Americans keep doing this shit, it just makes you guys look like insecure pussies.

Soldiers don't wait it out.

This, this movie is transphobic

Attached: E468DD1F-77A9-4053-BA76-304C32874715.jpg (828x578, 173.22K)

its absolute garbage from start to finish and the only reason why you would think otherwise is if you are under 18

It's the most over-acted I've ever seen.

You can make every excuse you want but it was still stupid.
Anyways, the biggest problem with the last scene has nothing to do with it being realistic or not, but rather how tonally jarring it is. Throughout most of the movie you get a very strong sense of the overbearing power of the American army against a beaten, weak, but ultimately determined enemy, it's fucking depressing and not at all like the glorious march to victory against an evil empire or something else retarded like that. Thematically, the movie is great up to that point. But I guess they just didn't know how to end the film in a way that satisfied all the buildup so instead we just have a huge hollywood shootout that depends on the enemy's incompetence and poor aim more than anything.

Because you know, Americans are obsessed with portraying themselves as the scrappy underdogs despite never being one in their entire history.

Seethe, tranny.

I don’t care if it was realistic or not, what I didn’t like was the movie flipped from showing the hell of war to a hell yeah action film.

it's awful, go to bed ayer, you can't direct for shit

>Americans talking about an American movie on an American website
NOOOO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

Apparently you are not a student of history.

>2 v 1’s Germany and Japan
>not an underdog
absolute cope

It's basically a Vietnam movie set in WWII and amerimutts can't handle WWII without their heckin' feelgood heroes

agree on the Hans the Conscript part but it still went way out of historical proportions to make the SS look bad (killing and hanging up children that refused to fight)

seemed too phony that their tank was basically deflecting all shots