Its it Kiev or Kyiv?

Its it Kiev or Kyiv?

I always knew it as Kiev

Attached: images (4).jpg (609x504, 21.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WO1M8Vz0x7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soon to be Putingrad

Kyiv is Ukrainian name of the city
Kiev is the Russian one

go ask the ghost

Kiova

they don't sound much different when you say them outloud in each language right?

It's Kiev. The Ukrainian dialect of the Russian language is not proper Russian.
Also, it's Lvov, Chernigov, Kharkov, Nikolaev, etc

They sound different if you know at least one of those languages
Not that different for a foreigner I guess

Kyiv
Ukrainian isn't a dialect of Russian you tard. There's quite a bit of similarities but that doesn't make it the same language. Even if it was a dialect it would still make more sense to spell it as Kyiv since that's how the locals know it as pronounced.

If they rename it to Zelenskigrad, I'll lose my shit.

>Soon to be Putingrad
Kiev is the Mother of Russian cities.
Maybe Dnepr(former Ekaterinoslav) will be renamed, most probably to its previous name Dnepropetrovsk.

both wrong
it's Kijevas

Neither. Its Kænugarður

Kiev is the capital of Ukraine. Kyiv is where the ghost is from

but kiev is russia so kiev is the right way to write it

It was always Kiev. And now some leftist media starts using Kyiv which is confusing, because Dutch is phonetic and that's unpronounceable.

>itt
youtu.be/WO1M8Vz0x7E

Attached: IMG_20220331_200111_330.jpg (1280x864, 244.51K)

Sorry dude, there are some bad news for you...

Attached: 1648572085365.gif (480x266, 2.92M)

Neither nation matters and therefore we call it by its English name of Kiev.

If two "different" languages are mutually intelligible, then they're dialects of each other.
It's always been spelt Kiev. Changing it to please the locals who corrupted the pronunciation makes no sense.

In Croatian, which is a one letter one sound language, it's Kijev vs Kijiv.

What does it mean?

Luigi humor

>Lvov

actually its Lemberg

Ukraine is just a Russian province

IT'S KYIV CHUD

Ukrainians with a sense of humor will probably refer to the ruins of Mariupol as Putingrad.

Old norse/Icelandic name for it. Direct translation to english means boat garden/ship garden

Well in Russian and Ukrainian it would be Kijev and Kyjiv according to your alphabet
There's a difference between i and y (i and и in Ukrainian or и and ы in Russian) sounds in both languages

Chicken Kiev

I see

It looks like everyone even western news called it kiev forever and only very recently decided to start calling it kyiv.

Greek is an Italian dialect
It's Kys

it's kijów

Kyiv looks better typed out but Kiev sounds better pronounced. Simple as.

English is a French dialect

I am not a chud

I wasnt aware Kiev was russian imperialism

Kinda the same how spanish came to corrupt topography names like Cuauhnahuac (nowadays Cuernavaca)

>ruins of Mariupol
Kys

Attached: 254619788-368294.png (262x230, 10.86K)

The fuck is that supposed to mean? Corrupted the pronunciation? By your shite logic Dutch wouldn't be a real language because they sound similar to German.

Italian is a Greek dialect

what about them

Dutch is older than German.

what's really the point to spell it kyiv in english if english doesn't even have the ukranian и sound?

>ruins of Mongolia
Today known as Russia

Yeah, that's right, no one really cared about Ukraine or Ukrainian language before
Personally, I don't mind when foreigners call it Kiev but it's kinda pleasant to me when they say Kyiv instead

>Lvov
Lwów

I'm not a linguist dude and I didn't invent this way of spelling it so I don't know

Your military is turning an entire city into rubble and this time it's happening a bit too close to the first world. The Russian people will be paying for this for a long time, certainly for the rest of your lifetime.

I thought they were pronounced the same way for the longest time. Just spelt differently

Except they're not, just majority of Ukrainians know Russian. That's it. We don't call Norwegian a dialect of Danish or Portuguese a dialect of Spanish just because speaker of one can understand like 60 percent of another.

Attached: IMG_20220401_024803.jpg (1080x1754, 568.49K)

It wasn't even Russian for majority of its history.