Chinese Taipei

No I won't call it anything else.

Die mad about it.

Attached: 1200px- Chinese Taipei_(ROC).svg (1).png (1200x2257, 114.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Taiwanese_presidential_election#Chou_Tzu-yu_flag_incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's 中国台湾

>Italian who knows Mandarin
Chinese soft power is too strong.

>Siam
opinion discarded, go harvest my durian

Japanese Formosa

Attached: 1280px-Japanese_Taiwan.svg.png (1280x1280, 417.16K)

It's a bit redundant. I don't call Stockholm "Swedish Stockholm".

I just call it rebel province of China

Chinese-Thai-pain

>Joshua Wong using his precious prison internet time to reply to my thread
Nice.

Kek

How did DPP manage to gain power but Singapore still remain under one-party rule? How did they do it?

Kek

If the KMT was competent they wouldn't be stuck on an island

That's my least favorite province of the People's Republic of China.

What are you doing Chocolatelongkorn, my toilet is not going to clean by itself

>doesn't even have self-cleaning toilets
Chinese Taipeians really are decades behind us.

Because the best way to describe Singapore is that it’s ruled through a huge network of greedy, scheming wealthy Confucian Chinese family clans, who yet recognize that they have to provide more opportunity for the poorer changs so that they don’t lose the Mandate of Heaven.

Unlike Singapore, no one in Taiwan really liked the KMT to begin with, they had to try much harder to convinced the people and even resorted to violence to kept things in check.

Taiwan belongs to Japan

Based

>not liking your only reason for existing
Cringe.

you're a chinese faggot. Go back

When the KMT invaded Taiwan they terrorized the island and turned it into a shithole, so as soon as people could vote the KMT was voted out of power

ppl could vote from the late 80s. The KMT was ousted in the 2010s. the numbers user, the numbers

Attached: 1645139585752.jpg (2129x2449, 1.13M)

Not a part of the PRC and never will be

Japan is the reason Taiwan exists as a modern, industrialised, prosperous state

get mad, die mad

Attached: p-China's destiny.jpg (1481x1080, 665.37K)

Red sun will shine over communist Taipei whether island rebels like it or not.

Attached: b0e.jpg (200x207, 6.32K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Taiwanese_presidential_election#Chou_Tzu-yu_flag_incident

Attached: yfw you singlehandedly btfo the kuomintang.jpg (839x1200, 100.9K)

>modern, industrialised, prosperous state
>survived on gold from mainland banks from the 40s
>hasn't seen significant growth for the past 30 years.

You do know the KMT are Chinese, right?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Taiwanese_presidential_election#Chou_Tzu-yu_flag_incident
gtfo of here koreafagg

>Vandalising statues of Chiang Kai Shek
Based. He invaded Taiwan despite the Taiwanese wanting to remain a part of Japan

Is it true Chang Kai Chek is actually more popular and recognized in the PRC than in Taiwan nowadays?

>>>/reddit/
The GDP per capita is higher than in PRC

>made up of kikesd nitwits who studied in Ameica and Japan
>Kept leasing ports to foreign powers
>lost by a janior looking peasant, moved to island and kept crying until they lost to the democratic trannie party
idk, idc, i'll make fun of them

Yes. Mainland chinks like Chiang because he fought the Japanese. Taiwanese don't like him because he invaded Taiwan and made the standard of living worse

popular as in rebranded as a rogue revolutionary.

yes, funnily enough. The mainlanders sort of recognize that he was a well meaning idiot.
>In contrast, his image has been rehabilitated in contemporary Mainland China. Until recently portrayed as a villain who fought against the "liberation" of China by the Communists, since the 2000s, he has been portrayed by the media in a neutral or slightly positive light as a Chinese nationalist who tried to bring about national unification and resisted the Japanese invasion during World War II. This shift is largely in response to current political landscape of Taiwan, in relation to Chiang's commitment to a unified China and his stance against Taiwanese separatism during his rule of the island, along with the recent détente between the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and Chiang's KMT.[133] In contrast to efforts to remove his public monuments in Taiwan, his ancestral home in Fenghua, Zhejiang on the Mainland has become a commemorative museum and major tourist attraction.
>In recent years, there has been an attempt to find a more moderate interpretation of Chiang. Chiang is now increasingly perceived as a man simply overwhelmed by the events in China, having to fight simultaneously Communists, Japanese, and provincial warlords while having to reconstruct and unify the country. His sincere, albeit often unsuccessful attempts to build a more powerful nation have been noted by scholars such as Jonathan Fenby and Rana Mitter. Mitter has observed that, ironically, today's China is closer to Chiang's vision than to Mao Zedong's. He argues that the Communists, since the 1980s, have essentially created the state envisioned by Chiang in the 1930s. Mitter concludes by writing that "one can imagine Chiang Kai-shek's ghost wandering round China today nodding in approval, while Mao's ghost follows behind him, moaning at the destruction of his vision".

Attached: 3D0640B3-B158-4375-BD3D-AB18E2F4FADF.jpg (1170x1150, 884.51K)

no