We speak English because our language is spoken by few people so we need another, more popular language to work

>we speak English because our language is spoken by few people so we need another, more popular language to work
Ok so then why don't they establish a Scandinavian Language Institute and implement a standard language for all Scandinavian countries?

Attached: Map_of_Scandinavia.svg.png (1280x979, 257.76K)

danish should be the standard. finland is excluded

>danish
You mean Swedish

nooo think of the finns
at least make it russian

its strange isn't it?
In the 19th century when nationalism became big and Italian and German fixated on a common dialect and united the scandinavians instead remained seperate even though german and italian dialects are probably as big if not bigger in their differences than the scandinavian languages (excluding finnish of course)

Why would we?
Norway alone has more different dialects than German and Italian. Literally has two entirely different written systems because of it.

russia should give back whole karelia

Northern Italian dialects and Southern Italian dialects aren't even in the same branch of Romance languages bruh.

Norwegian would be the best candidate for a fellow language
Bokmål is almost 1 to 1 with Danish
Eastern dialects are mutually very close to Swedish
If the Swedes reworked their orthography and started using more Danish and Norwegian words we could make it work
This will never happen THOUGH, people in Scandinavia want to keep their cultural identites and their languages despite int memes

danish is the best candidate

Same with Norwegian, with western and eastern Norse branching off between the dialects.

Isn't Norwegian also closer to Icelandic?

We have three different writing systems

You literally live on the opposite side of the continent and don't speak any of the languages I'm talking about
How about you stick to helping your mom with dinner you 30 year old basement dweller

Don't you wanna be relevant?

Only retards want to be relevant.

we had different writing systems but one system won out after we lost the seven years war. I wonder how the norwegian managed to hold out considering they were a vassal state for most of the time

no. I'll stay here to tell you which language you should talk and you'll be fine about it

Attached: 1648739405504.jpg (680x472, 162.06K)

Scandinavian languages are closer to Dutch and German than Icelandic.

North-Scandinavian languages are split into two group, Island-Scandinavic (island as in the noun) and Continental-Scandinavian
The continental languages are "grannespråk", i.e. mutually intelligible
C-S is not mutually intelligible with I-S
The I-S languages, Icelandic and Faroese, are not mutually intelligeble with each other
I want you to understand that Norwegian and Icelandic are like Norwegian and German
We can't understand what they are saying nor what they are writing
At most we'll understand a sentence or two
Nynorsk is closer to Icelandic, but it's still nonsense
Honestly, Iceland is barely a part of Scandinavia imo
They are geographically and linguistically too far away

norwegian and icelandic are still both north germanic languages while german is a west germanic language. Maybe they are like german and english but anyways german dialects vary a lot because of the differing stages of the high german consonant shift affecting dialects to varying degrees

Im pretty sure they're fairly mutually intelligeble anyway. Also pretty sure their main reason for being fluent english is because their language is so similair, norwegian is like baby english, like dutch.

Attached: 7b7ec76a11749aa625ef30580d7f2e4b.png (680x848, 300K)

Sweden is already more relevant than Italy for instance.

I literally don't know the name of any of your politicians.

Do you seriously think you know more about this than me?
We fucking learn about this in school, we have an entire chapter on the subject
I am also more familar with German than you are with the Scandinavian languages

Nor does anyone know the names of yours
Seethe and cope more
Most people can name more Swedish companies than Italian ones despite you having several times their population

I think in thid day and age its actually embarrassing not to know any english. All that means is that youre unable to function in 90% of the worlds countries. Basically cashiers in spanish airport cafes dont know what "how much" means. Like what the fuck?

I can't name even one Italian politician beside Mussolini.

nynorsk should be the standard. it's the nicest language in scandinavia

Attached: 1628009045759.png (1200x1159, 651.69K)

Attached: 1546113184093.png (701x561, 99.43K)

Don't lie you know both Berlusconi and Draghi stop coping.

Literally who?

Sier du det til meg idvl voldtar jeg deg
Hold kjeft din lille nisse
Nynorsk er et konstruert bondespråk
Og det vil forsvinne innen et par år
Fy faen så jeg gleder meg til det er utdødd
Ivar Aasen brenner i helvete

Attached: lexical-distance-among-the-languages-of-europe-2-1-mid-size.png (1853x1642, 1.06M)

baserat

I can name sanna

nynorsk er eit djupt og poetisk mål som klingar som herda stål

The first one might be the name of a type of pasta or something. Pescatore Berlusconi. Second one doesn't even sound like a European word at all. Never heard of them.

They should all just speak English. Holland too