Why do Americans worship 'le vikings' so much?

Why do Americans worship 'le vikings' so much?

Attached: trvenordicwarrior.png (659x469, 238.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIHOV07XoDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Neo-Pagan

What an utter subhuman

Nothing inherently wrong with white Americans and Hispanics co-opting viking symbolism and heritage. Blacks on the other hand shouldn't....

What is AntiFolkist?

i think 'folkist' is someone who thinks nordic culture should only be for white people

>jotunblod

Does that mean what I think it means lol

there was a zogling tv programme about vikings a few years ago. thats all

so an anti-folkist is in favour of PoC appropriating Nordic culture? that's heckin problematic, how would they feel if yt did that.

I'm not American but it's because Vikings are cool
youtube.com/watch?v=UIHOV07XoDQ
I wish I could go back to Norse times, I'd be a builder of Longships and travel with my raiding party to raid unknown lands in search of women and treasure
Blood of my ancestors flowing through my veins, the sea spray in my face, feet planted on the decks and axe in hand
Too bad I was cursed to be born in this fallen age, doomed to carry the burden of gender dysphoria and having to take hormones to not want to kill myself
Not only that but being mixed raced as well instead of pure norse

Attached: 1629110169540.jpg (539x369, 119.49K)

Any what is it about Norse mythology and culture that draws people to it over anything else?

Americans worship all warrior cultures because they are a semi-warrior culture themselves.

>Any
I meant to type 'anyway' but I'm sleepy.

jews shill vikangs for some reason and so mutts love them. or maybe jews started shilling vikangs because mutts loved them in the first place? who knows

They wrote a lot of it down and they have a good marketing department

Lol at American semi-warrior culture

Good marketing by Netflix to appeal to soys

They are though. It's retarded by historical standards but they are, especially the more conservatives. More so than europeans.
Of course being a warrior culture doesn't mean that everyone's a chad bloodthirsty killer, just that society funnels people into the warrior role.

>vikings are cool
the chances are you'd be a poor starving peasant who stank of fish and died with an English axe in your face

I think there's an idea of the vikings as being very free like people sailing around taking whatever they want and sharing it at their halls
This is obviously perfect for romanticisation in modern culture
You also have the influences of metal and television (Vikings) popularising it, for example Bathory, Moonsorrow and Amon Amarth
I think Tolkien may have had a small influence as well
Personally the only other mythology I'm interested in is Ancient Greek mythology especially the Iliad and that has not been served well by any forms of pop culture imo
Troy was a fucking awful film and none of the Greek playwrights have anything
Yes you're very smart user, I'd probably die from dysentary lol

i think it's just their way of le evil christians, my friend also embraced paganism literally a day after he came out as an atheist. Quite cringe if you ask me.

i think it's just their way of defying le evil christians*

Attached: 1639701323413.png (738x776, 78.96K)

The only reason they're present in modern media is because they played a fairly prominent role in the unification of the English nation
Americans have absolutely zero understanding or knowledge of European history beyond Britain because of the language barrier hence why English historical/fantasy literature is repeatedly adapted in American film and television

To me the culture looks more like a bully culture, but there the right for personal freedom and actual ability to protect it affect how people act. In Finland more often than not you get in more trouble than the assailant, if you defend yourself successfully. Same thing probably in most western countries. And the knowledge that the person who is following law is always less armed than the criminal. That's how throwingbags are created.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x384, 65.12K)

Blease make dem stob DDD:

Attached: 1627226664704.jpg (437x501, 14.43K)