Okay, does anyone here have an actual explanation as to why english is such a ''simple'' and straightforward language...

Okay, does anyone here have an actual explanation as to why english is such a ''simple'' and straightforward language? Like disregarding odd synonyms and such, what makes english so easy to just pick up? Is it the lack of rules like grammatical gender or tense? Or am i just biased because my first language is relatively similar to english?

Attached: 1648669107134.png (828x731, 805.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMwaMTP8HSQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arabic is similar to english?

回到中国

It's morphologically simple. Analytical, has only 2 verb tenses, and has natural gender only.
That makes it easy to form grammatical sentences, but in my opinion English syntax and phrasing is incredibly hard and convoluted still (it's not alone in this regard). Also, if you use any language everyday for 4 years you're bound to be at least passable in it by the end.

Having remembered 10000 words, studied around 1500-2000h, almost perfect score remarked in Eng qualification test

I'm still suck at speaking..

Attached: 20201108_165211.jpg (108x120, 11.85K)

Du pratar som en fitta. Antigen e du en eller så en du bara en bögbabbe

你是中国人,你有精神病

English is poor and inflexible. When I write in English, it feels like I don't have enough words to express myself. This is especially noticeable when you read translations of Russian poems and songs into English.

their grammar is basically brain death tier, german is very simple too

It's the exact opposite for me to swedish lol, feels like swedish is either very childlike and super rigid, or it's autistically academic, there is no inbetween of being able to express complex feelings and ideas in a sort of casual way

Thats just the crack bottlenecking your already miniscule russian brain activity

Hur desperat e du att få din gatuskitarhals uppskuren?

Suomen kieli on yleensä rappion paraati. Se kuulostaa metsäkedertalilaisten murteelta, jotka eivät ole vielä siirtyneet viestivistä äänistä sanoihin.

Ja nie ljublju fatalnava ischoda
ot żizni nikagda nieustaju
Ja nielublju liboje wremia goda
kagda wysołych pesień piepaju

youtube.com/watch?v=SMwaMTP8HSQ

Apan!

We use our free'd up brain space form grammatic genders and cases to rule the world and have more words to describe things

Apjävel

>I'm still suck at speaking..
ESL
And post vocaroo

inb4 you're wrong
it's not like the rest of the world's slang is all being anglicized
>'ok' in every language
>Germans start sentences with "if"
>Icelanders saying "fokking" and "like"
as you can see you're wrong, English is actually dying

I know what you mean
Having learned Norwegian it seems like Scandinavian languages are an extreme simplification of my native Icelandic language
Norwegians dont even have words to diffrentiate walking from going, just går

>Is it the lack of rules like grammatical gender
yes
>or tense
english does have tenses

Because it's not.
What really happens is you run into English media as a kid or by happenstance so it's easy to learn, meanwhile other languages you're learning via ineffective classes.