NZ statehood

If NZ was a state of Australia. What would be different in NZ and in Aus?

Attached: images (67).jpg (234x206, 7.42K)

dream bigger

Attached: CANZUK.png (888x472, 30.84K)

Australia population would then make up 0.39% of the world population instead of 0.35

No that's not even a realistic hypothetical

>le globohomo

>The president of NZ would just become the Governor of NZ
What president?

I was meaning in terms of life for people. Would they be richer or poorer etc.

i guess we would become poorer but states are able to pay for all their services so I assume not really if NZ is able to deal with the same load as other state governments have. The only thing would be wages/salary

>The only thing would be wages/salary
Are Australian award wages and minimum wages the same across the whole country or differs by states?

Minimum wage is Federal so states don't decide it.

Sounds fun
I'd move to dunedin asap

You can't suffer in Australia

Attached: 20220331_143659.jpg (720x737, 146.42K)

please join i don't want to svffer alone in w.a.
plus i need a new vacation spot

Attached: 1579841079724.jpg (1193x1232, 195.64K)

Dunedin is a poverty stricken place only kept afloat by student allowances

NZ is only $67,232 AUD

The native title stuff would be weird to deal with as the aborigines and maori are distinctly different groups and we never have had anything like the treaty of waitangi.
We would be even more of a sporting powerhouse.
Besides that, I doubt much would change.

Maori title can pretty much be converted over to regular freehold with trusts owning the title and they only have about 10% of the land. Meanwhile you have abo claims on most of the whole country

>i'm 1/16th maori

Attached: 1647962407535.jpg (269x283, 19.62K)

My point is that the way Australia and New Zealand have historically and legally dealt with the natives has been different. Were the two countries to merge, I doubt that could continue to be the case.

We would get paid more, but probably be a negative on their economy per capita. Not sure what the benefit for Australia would be though. More defence? We control a couple pacific islands that they could project power from. We might also be useful to have in the future if climate change kicks off.

Also not sure what would happen with Maori, I suppose if Seymour gets into parliament with national and scraps the co-governance bullshit then it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Then try to claim kiwi citizenship if you don't already have it

Abos and Maoris can be continued to be treated differently

>Also not sure what would happen with Maori, I suppose if Seymour gets into parliament with national and scraps the co-governance bullshit then it wouldn't be much of a problem
If Seymour forces National on it then Maori protests will blow up up the country but its probably worth it