DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2839

DJT is a language learning thread for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Translation requests, insults, politics, reddit posts, lust, learning method / eceleb discussions: Previous Thread:

Attached: 1648666518495.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1UNMTNZnRCHizHe5H2sQxLYxzchxwFW735UKSr6MWsFE
youtu.be/1RKWcCyD7GI
youtu.be/RJ__1lmPJWY
djtguide.neocities.org/
jisho.org/
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/librarymain.html
core6000.neocities.org/dojg/entries/170.html
youtu.be/JLcFAeGIOVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>DeadJT

Attached: 1648664570266.jpg (1280x1920, 185.71K)

DJT is the best Japanese language learning vtuber shitposting thread on Any Forums for むっつりスケベ共 that are interested in everything Japanese
Japanese speakers learning English are also welcome

How to stay healthy:
docs.google.com/document/d/1UNMTNZnRCHizHe5H2sQxLYxzchxwFW735UKSr6MWsFE

The only way to learn 日本語:
1. Filter all tripfags
2. Don't waste time/money on ゴミ like:
-Anki, garbage videos and youtube channels, shitty apps, translations, learning kanji instead of vocab, Genki, Imabi, RTK, KKLC, Kanji Damage, Wanikani, Duolingo, Bunpro, Kodansha, Tobira, whatever you're using, language schools, Italki, AJATT, JLPT, Kanji Kentei tests and many other scams
-Pitch accent doesn't exist (you can say words however you want youtu.be/1RKWcCyD7GI )
-Learning how to write on paper (you can do it later once you're decent at Japanese)
Avoiding these beginner traps will cut down your learning time considerably to less than 2 years if you learn every day and never give up. After that it's just enjoying the language and the content while fortifying your knowledge and occasionally learning something new.
3. Fix your health with the grimoire first, it makes life and learning 100 times easier
4. Spend a few days getting familiar with kanas
5. Give Tae Kim a fast read, it's not the most accurate grammar guide but it's the fastest. Look up Japanese grammar on Japanese google/ask DJT later on instead
6. A few years of reading, listening, watching vtubers, shitposting on /djt/ and having your posts corrected by Japanese flags, googling stuff you don't know and you're done!
7. Move to Japan
8. The ride never ends
絶対英語を学べる方法:
youtu.be/RJ__1lmPJWY

教材:
djtguide.neocities.org/
jisho.org/
図書館:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/librarymain.html

先スレ

Attached: ochikoborefruittart195.jpg (1433x2024, 617.58K)

王もちい

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (833x645, 71.75K)

やっと奮ってきたぞ
自分に期待を下げてしまったから
癖のくせにいいのかな

Attached: 86291847_p0.jpg (865x1600, 732.53K)

Do these look like they would be extremely hard to learn/memorize because they actually are, I’m an idiot or I use the Roman alphabet?

Also, what are your thoughts about the Japanese who’ve advocated for kanji to be eradicated and replaced by rōmaji or kana; do they have a good point? A title that caught my eye is "Kanji is the ruin of Japanese" (漢字が日本語をほろぼす, Kanji ga Nihongo wo horobosu) by Katsuhiko Tanaka (田中克彦).

Attached: B2AC8CC3-2A13-44E0-BB18-0D4C39CA57CA.jpg (1280x853, 702.05K)

Honestly, I'd like to see somebody consider making a replacement script akin to hangeul in Korean. A writing system that maintains the space efficiency of Kanji, but makes the underlying composition of symbol-blocks phonetic. Maybe add in something like a determinative component (A symbol to clarify semantic category) to the block to clarify homophones (thus solving the "but without kanji how do we deal with homophoooones" complaint.).

Kanji itself, and Chinese writing by common ancestor, already have similar concepts within them (many Kanji have a radical to show pronunciation, and one for semantic information). So it would mostly be about normalizing that concept across all glyphs.

>A writing system that maintains the space efficiency of Kanji, but makes the underlying composition of symbol-blocks phonetic.
Yeah, using roumaji. Careful what you wish for.

Attached: Đối_-_Tết_2009.jpg (1152x1536, 1.64M)

>hey brah just destroy your thousand years old culture so it's easier for me to learn as a second language brah
Yeah, no. Come back when you've replaced English spelling with a phonetic syllabary and we can talk.

Wait, is that what I think it is? Are those English letters arranged hanzi-style? Ow, my sanity. But no, I was meaning something uniquely Japanese. Honestly I'd say either using hiragana or a very limited set of simple kanji would make a perfect base for a hypothetical Kanji replacement.

Korea did it just fine. Vietnam went ultimately with an alphabet and carried on just fine. Tons of places swapped to roman or cyrillic alphabets and kept going on just fine. Yes, it would be a struggle, which probably explains why they never did. Thus why I was referring to this hypothetically. If they did so, though, and put care into the design of a new writing system, it could be greatly to their future benefit. Additionally, nothing is being destroyed, at worst only being left in its old form. In Korea, Vietnam, etc., many people still learn their previous unique way of using Chinese characters in order to learn old texts, as well as translating them into their current writing. This is also why in I clarified that I'd prefer them adopting elements of their current writing systems: it maintains a level of cultural continuity while optimizing writing.

Attached: (str) iM@S CG - E01 [EDB3F53F] – 00:21:59.860.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

>田中克彦
>言語学者
>モンゴル研究者
>日本人には「ひらがな」というすばらしい発明品があるにもかかわらず、明治の開国期に多くの書生たちが西洋のことばを漢文で翻訳して輸入したため、せっかく江戸時代までに庶民によって培われてきたカナとかなを使った日本語の文章が、漢字ばかりの文章になってしまったのだ。
廃れた和語がある一方、学校教育のお陰で使われるようになった和語も多いと思うんだけど、その辺りをしっかり比較しているのか疑問が残るね。
>そして、世界中見回しても、漢字にしがみついているのは日本だけという事実を知るべきである。ヴェトナムも韓国も漢字を捨て、中国までも簡易体(略した漢字)を書くことが一般的なのだ。
これは明治以降、幾度となく主張されてきた時代遅れの主張だな。「漢字が日本語を滅ぼす」という根拠になっているようには思えない。

取り敢えず漢字がなければ、韓国は「こりょ(高麗)」とでも呼ぶべきで、中国のことは「チナ(支那。発音なので特に漢字に意味はない)」、ベトナム(越南。越族が南に遷移して興した国という意味?)のことは何と呼べば良いかもわからん。
中華人民共和国、大韓民国、越南社会主義共和国とか全部漢字由来どころか、和製漢語由来の国名だからな…

>Korea did it just fine.
日本語より漢字語ばかりの言語で何を宣っているのか意味不明である。

何を根拠にものを喋っているのかわからんが、韓国人が漢字を独自に学び古文を読めているという主張とベトナム人が「上手くやっている」とする根拠をそれぞれ、どの程度行えているのか示してもらわないと、「僕が考えた最強の日本語の最適化理論」のようなラノベの題名以上の意味はないぞ

>甘いものばかり食べると太ります
Does と mean "whenever" here or is it something I haven't learned yet?

core6000.neocities.org/dojg/entries/170.html

>と
This is と of youtu.be/JLcFAeGIOVc ,

こんちは。
ところで、興味があって知りたいのだけど韓国で中世朝鮮語って学校で勉強するの?

muchos ありがとう

Attached: FOe_H0aXEAUh-6-.jpg (640x636, 34.07K)

Same user, one more question
>娘はご飯を食べないで、甘いものばかり食べる
Why the で after 食べない? I feel like this is something easy I've already learned but it slips my mind.