Pax britannica created the greatest period of peace and prosperity in european history

>pax britannica created the greatest period of peace and prosperity in european history
>no wars in western europe at all between 1815 and 1870
>height of european global dominance and innovation
>most european countries refer to it as the golden era (Belle Époque in france for example)

and STILL continentals hate us for "ruining the world" even though it only went to shit after we lost power to the am*ricans??

Attached: pax britannica.jpg (1200x893, 527.27K)

get fucked anglo scum

Pax Mexicana will be even better

just europoors being europoors I guess, it's sad really

>pax britannica created the greatest period of peace and prosperity in european history
Pax Britannica wasn't a thing in Europe, if anything it was a thing globally due to the strong British navy. Britain could do little to nothing on the Euro mainland without allies.
it's called the balance of power or the concert of Vienna, bc the great powers agreed on common terms, it wasn't dictated by Britain, even if you want to believe that to feel good about yourself
not true, Austria, Italy, France, Prussia, and Denmark waged multiple wars during this period

during this period argentina was one of the wealthiest countries in the world because of trade with the empire

Attached: 0f4.jpg (770x600, 49.15K)

uhhhh whos gonna tell him?

>Pax
Plenty of wars happened in that time period.

ok i take it back

belle epoque is from 1870 to 1914

ugh the pax britannia

Attached: 1280px-Graph_of_global_conflict_deaths_from_1800_to_1899_-_Our_World_in_Data.png (1280x904, 228.19K)

the only reason France was defeated in the napoleonic wars was because we threw endless coalitions at them until we beat them, otherwise the concert of Vienna wouldn't have been established

>not true, Austria, Italy, France, Prussia, and Denmark waged multiple wars during this period
that's fair, I should have said 1815-1860

which is during pax britannica
the timeframe I specified is a section of history with very very few wars on the continent

do you have any larger graphs? I'm interested to see how this compares over a greater timeframe

>the only reason France was defeated in the napoleonic wars was because we threw endless coalitions at them until we beat them, otherwise the concert of Vienna wouldn't have been established
ok, so? neither could the UK have defeated France on its own without the other countries
and the congress of vienna, which established this period of relative peace, was an agreement of all the great powers, not just Britain.
>that's fair, I should have said 1815-1860
there were wars 1848 and 1859 as well

>ok, so? neither could the UK have defeated France on its own without the other countries
and the congress of vienna, which established this period of relative peace, was an agreement of all the great powers, not just Britain.
so the endless coalitions wouldn't have formed to defeat France in the first place without Britain, therefore no congress of Vienna

>there were wars 1848 and 1859 as well
oh FINE then, no major conflicts in western europe

no but theres ones for other time frames

Attached: 1280px-Graph_of_global_conflict_deaths_from_1500_to_1799_-_Our_World_in_Data.png (1280x904, 180.77K)

Attached: 1280px-Graph_of_global_conflict_deaths_from_1900_to_1944_-_Our_World_in_Data.png (1280x904, 182.71K)

Attached: 1280px-Graph_of_global_conflict_deaths_from_1945_to_1989_-_Our_World_in_Data.png (1280x904, 164.85K)

the napoleonic wars and afterwards all have extremely high death tolls in war because napoleon began the practice of armies living off the land which afforded much larger armies
also during this period there was much more fighting around the world in colonies, so I don't think global deaths is a very good metric for peace in europe

alright, can I please suck your cock for being British now?

do germans rlly start arguments on the internet as a prelude to sexual activity?
anyways I gladly accept

Attached: 1645190222021.png (469x560, 17.9K)

crimean war
italian independence wars
schleswig wars
austro prussian war
franco prussian war
carlist wars

just off the top of my head. Sure there wasn't an all of europe engulfing war like the napoleonic wars or the world wars but there were plenty wars in europe as well

>get fucked anglo scum
Umh... hello? based department?

>stopped Russia from taking Constantinople
>created Israel

I will never forgive the Angloid for these