Cities in western Poland try to reconcile with their German past and renovate old German descriptions

Cities in western Poland try to reconcile with their German past and renovate old German descriptions.

Opinion?

Attached: 3138244-Odnowione-napisy-przy-ul-Trakt-sw-Wojciecha-93-na-Oruni.jpg (3000x2000, 1.51M)

Attached: 3138239-Odnowione-napisy-przy-ul-Jana-z-Kolna-10-w-Srodmiesciu.jpg (3000x2000, 1.67M)

Don't like it.
I would prefer it if you just demolish these buildings and build something less german looking over it. Like the russians did in Kaliningrad.

t. Vanya Germanovich Millerov

Dunno, looks "normal". There are some buildings who look like that in São Paulo. But yes, German words painted on whatever, kinda weird. We are starting to do that with English and that is a bit weird too.

It was demolished, they just reconstructed it. lol

Nah, these buildings weren't demolished and these descriptions are original, they just were covered in dirt

I am german.
Continuing to use or rebuilding german buildings is just rubbing salt in the wound

>There are some buildings who look like that in São Paulo

wtf Brazil is truly the Latin American Germany

50/50. You could argue that Poland is 100% polish but in the other hand you can have those for historic authenticity. Wish Germany would do the same by rebuilding them historically instead of just building bauhaus shit or scraping off the architecture.

German architecture is nice desu

We don't rebuild them, just renovate.

Nah, 100% of LatAm is made of art neuveau, Deco, etc... Don't you never traveled to Mexico City?

>German architecture is nice desu
I know but I'd prefer it if you wpuld stop using it and just build something polish over it.

cringe

I mean that’s what I basically meant generalized. Especially in east Germany there are buildings that look like OP's that could get renovated but only Saxony is doing that.

Poland collaborate with nazis once again

Attached: IMG_20220327_202213_824.jpg (828x992, 148.39K)

There is no distinctly Polish architecture desu (or there is only for churches). Our architecture is mostly a mix of German, Italian and Russian styles.

I've seen a lot of renovated buildings in Berlin

Any more pics? I’m glad reconstruction and restoration is becoming a bit more mainstream. Despite the atrocious back-wall, the Berlin Stadt-Schloß looks nice and I even hear France is thinking about rebuilding the Tuileries

Attached: 01CE06B6-5629-4165-983C-63A0C0DFDCC3.jpg (800x533, 174.55K)

Then demolish them and built russian and italian looking buildings over them or don't rebuild anything. IDC.
Just demolish them!

German architecture is part of our heritage as well, why would we demolish it

No it's not. You stole it.
You didn't build any of it.
>why would we demolish it
If you killed someone's brother, you should atleast have the decency to not parade the corpse around infront of them.

>You didn't build any of it.

But it looks nice. I want it to stay here. Also it attracts German boomer tourists who spend their pensions here.