I moved to Japan because of Beyblade

>I moved to Japan because I like Beyblade
>As silly as that is, it turned out to be a great decision.
>But nobody would ever understand how spinning tops left such a big impact on my life
>So when people ask me why I came to Japan, I usually make something up and say I like the culture or something.
>Which is true - I do like the culture a lot - but it wasn't my main reason for coming
>Possibly the most cringeworthy thing I could ever tell somebody is that I gave up my US passport because of fucking Beyblades
>They just wouldn't understand, probably
>I'm happy with my decision, but god damn I don't think anyone else in the world could possibly understand
>It really was a great decision though, and not a single day goes by that I regret it
>Beyblade stems from a traditional Japanese game and I ended up getting really involved in that
>These days I prefer the traditional game much more than Beyblade, but it's essentially the same thing
>All of my friends are people I met through playing the traditional game
I know Any Forums isn't the place for blog shit, but I figured you anons might get a good laugh at my life. I know I do sometimes. I was serious about it being a great decision though.
Do you have a cringeworthy reason for moving to a different country?

Attached: download (1).jpg (274x184, 14.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beigoma
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Make fun of me if this is some pasta, but I hope this is real. That's impressive.

Attached: 1643379147432.jpg (327x457, 18.35K)

It's not pasta. What do you find impressive about it?

nah that's dope, I had a bunch of these as a kid and so did all my classmates, we had battles in the schoolyard every recess

Someone emigrating to another country almost entirely because of a hobby they picked up as a child is absurd. The fact that you actually did it is impressive because of how absurd it sounds.

now instead of sharting you “let it rip”

Based desu. Do what makes you happy

autism

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beigoma
>The advent of the modern line of battling tops called Beyblade (introduced in 1999) has caused a resurgence in interest in beigoma.[6][7][8][9] However, as of 2001, there was only one factory still manufacturing traditional beigoma.[2][3][6]
I didn't know it's based on a traditional game. was it easy to find people to play it or did you have to travel around?

Thanks. I don't think I'm autistic, but I always had an autistic level of obsession with it. It was the coolest thing when I was in elementary school before it ended. Then when they brought the series back a feew years later (middle school) I heard about it early and ended up watching the new anime in Japanese before it even aired in America. I didn't even have subtitles or anything. I think that was the event that made me associate the game more with Japan and through following the series online and always looking to the latest news from Japan it made me more interested in Japan as a place.

Haha, nice! When I was in elementary school we would always play during recess and then they got banned because this fat kid held it wrong and hurt his finger when he pulled it really hard and then cried like a baby to the teacher.

I'm pretty sure I was tested for autism at some point when I was in elementary school ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's the game! It was really easy. I searched online for a group in my city and there was a bunch. I contacted them and they invited me to come play and they taught me how to play. It's a big different because you have to spin it with a string and you customize it by shaving away at it with a metal file, so it takes a certain level of skill. I like to compare it to darts.

Draciel chads rise up

Attached: 5F177113-BE56-41DE-9803-864DDC90C07C.jpg (1280x720, 191.45K)

Do you love Japan?

did you even flip the stadium upside down so that it was more dangerous since there were crevaces that the beyblades could fall down?

I had beyblade that could be controlled with remote control

Draciel was cool but I like Dranzer the best. Kai was awesome.
In MFB I like Pegasus.
Of course!

Attached: p678164702.1.jpg (1200x900, 117.18K)

I did! It was so fun! In Japan there were no pockets on the stadiums so they fly straight out which is cool, and the stadiums have a deeper slope so their movement is a lot more fierce.

In the traditional game there's no walls at all!
Do you remember the one set where you could put magnets under the stadium to push them in certain directions? That was fun.

Spinning tops are Roman

Attached: 1617753877767.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

every kid in our school was into it and I grew up in a rather rural town, it's crazy how big beyblades were, every kid had a few beyblades or knock-off ones and we would trade parts with each other back and forth, some kids would even go all the way to stockholm to get their hands on the fancier ones because the local toy store had a rather limited stock.
I think I still have them in a box somewhere back at my father's place, condition is likely not great though but there should be some of the very early ones in there

Fucking based

Assuming your story is real, I can respect the dedication. Since Beyblades were a thing well over a decade ago, roughly how old were you when you moved to Japan and what do you do for a living now?