Is coding a thing in your country?

is coding a thing in your country?
can you make a good living by doing it?

Attached: code_1_loop_img.jpg (590x332, 71.54K)

I heard from my friends competition for shitty CS internship is insane, like 100+ applications for one position.
Its great if you get into it though, starting salary is 80k CAD

You already know

Yes. Please stop coming to my country to code (if you're Indian)

It's an easy way to get decent job. Don't even have to have school for it really, just to prove you know what you're doing

its one of the only ways to not be payed in argentine pesos (toilet paper)
So everyone tries to do it but most have shit education and cant get in, entry level is saturated for local companies

>entry level is saturated for local companies
Feel like this is common everywhere

that's true entry level positions are absolutely overloaded while mid and senior level shit is in high demand. CS got memed so hard that's kind of ruined unless you have connections to get your foot in the door.

Whats salary like

Also its easy to get work because most who know coding just move to better paying countries because the pay is still crap in comparasion.
Same with doctors and nurses just fuck off to Austria or germany

Only if you have a computer science degree or are Indian
Otherwise its just a meme like people studying "business" and want to be investment bankers when they end up as back office cucks

Attached: file.png (956x680, 1023.78K)

that doesn't make sense, why don't any of the applicants offer to work for less?

yes, but it's associated with trannies so most people will go into cable networking or data analyst instead

Not too good if you're new but atleast not minimum wage. I make around 1000 euro a month after taxes.

Students dont set wages for better or for worse. Plus if you ask them "I'll accept less money" it makes you sound you are not skilled.

Yes if you a CS degree, you can expect to earn a salary comparable to someone with a law or engineering degree. So like 50k€ entry level salary on average.

I'm ADHD as fuck, I had teachers calling me "absent-minded professor" and shit when I was in first grade, but i was relatively happy and high achieving and it was a while ago so I never got treated. Hopefully if I get some pillz in me I'll be able to see things through better than I can now. I have my psych eval on thursday. I've started and stopped so many fucking coding courses. Like name a language.

I manage a goofy chain restaurant and do ok I guess (only because ppl like me, not because i'm good or because the job plays to my strengths besides possibly schmoozing), and everyone in my family is telling me to just be a teacher, but all i want is to have a "big brain" job, make good money and be left completely and absolutely the fuck alone.

No
Yes it is, practically the only way to get a good job here

How do CS students get into the door? Just mass apply to internships and hope for the best? But thats what I did as a business student so maybe its not that different

they should set the starting offer lower then
this sounds like massive gatekeeping, elitist programmers in charge of hiring other elite programmers, securing their own wages by keeping up demand and not allowing competition

I graduated in 2016 and I got hired to the first job I bothered to stop by and do an interview with at a job fair. I can't imagine things have changed too much since then but I have interviewed fresh grads since then and there are a lot of autists that cannot act socially acceptable for an interview and even with the 'tism they can't answer relatively simply logic/coding questions.

don't get int IT, bro
go find some useful for your life

But dont they need legions of code monkes to do the menial shit?

Do you IT guys like UML
What is your favorite UML