All American houses are built like this

That's why whenever there's a fire or tornado or sneezing fat man, a million of their houses just get deleted.

Attached: bigstock-Home-Construction-270702.jpg (1600x1067, 2.06M)

>build house out of wood
>buy homeowners insurance
>when hurricane/flood comes, evacuate, collect the insurance payout and build a new home out of wood

woodlets can't possibly comprehend

Attached: eagle frog.jpg (720x720, 68.76K)

Do you prefer brazilian favela houses?

Attached: download (15).jpg (259x194, 6.34K)

My home is 120 years old and made of brick.

Attached: 357.jpg (540x362, 43.8K)

>no flame resistant sheets on the sides
do americans really?
Up here in canada we have higher standards when we build a house.

>save up some money
>buy house out of concrete
>get it insured
>get money if anything ever happens, otherwise live there for the rest of your life

You absolute brainlets, humans will build with whatever's cheapest and plentiful around them. How many threads do we need?

>cheap
>environmentally friendly
>readily available
>fire safe
At least when it's well done, not like shitty McMansion.
And yes, wood burn. That's why indoor we usually have sheets of gypsum so protect the wood. But the thing is that wood is predictable when burning, unlike steel or concrete. A solid piece of wood will burn at a known rate, around an inch per hour and will keep its structural integrity in its core. It give you time to get out, assuming the structure was built strong enough at first. Steel heat up and bend like shit. Concrete crack and collapse.
Again, problem isn't wood, it's how much contactors cut corner

Americans who defend our shitty houses are the biggest dumbasses on the internet.

Attached: Photochroms_France (32).jpg (1600x1161, 246.29K)

Problem is they already charge so much even for cheap materials so if you demand for more expensive material the price goes up even higher when most americans are unable to afford an average house here as things stand now

Attached: vgh evropa.jpg (1792x1008, 232.7K)

yes i would rather live in a comfy forest over the concrete wasteland

You're too much of a pussy to even handle a fight with a decently fit and heavy lifting chad. You'll be torn to shreds in the wild depths of the forest

>two schizo posts completely unrelated to who you're replying to in a row

Just don't live in a place that gets fires or tornadoes, simple as

my house is built like this. But there is no pressed wood. That was not a thing in the 40s. It been in my family since it was built and the only thing, we have replaced is the roof. At least we live in homes. Enjoy your cuckbox faggot.

a good size tornado would fuck up brick and whatever else shit too, unless it is some special tornado shelter that probably looks weird or is completely underground. lived in tornado alley all my life and they arent that common anyways, usually just hit a cow in the middle of a field

for fire prone areas idk. in cali it kinda makes sense because they get a lot of earthquakes and wood is better for those. maybe it is easier to make that more fire proof than making the alternative more earthquake proof but idk

>Wood
That's glued sawdust

Are these colonial style houses also built like that?

Attached: 1631922565185.jpg (1000x1027, 637.75K)

>he thinks that's actually wood
stop drinking the HFCS root beer cletus

drywall and insulation serve this purpose