Work Any Forumsernationally

Has anyone here used their college degree outside of the USA (Any Forumsernationally)? I'm not talking about like TEFL or some gig job, I'm talking about work in an actual professional field in like South America or Europe or Africa or the Middle East. I literally cannot get employed in the USA. I'm a recent college grad. with a 3.9 GPA from a good college who graduated a year ago, I've applied for 400+ jobs and got 5 interviews and no offers. I've literally done fucking everything - revamped my resume, applied for government jobs, left out my demographic info, wrote cover letters/didn't write cover letters, etc. I'm degree is in social sciences (yes it's not CS) but I have a portfolio, I'm a summa cum laude grad., and I have extensive work experience in customer service. I'm so fucking done.

Has anyone found work in a more sane place outside the US? If so, how? How did you go about it? I'm taking any and all advice at this point besides "learn 2 code bro"! If the only good jobs left in the USA are in software engineering and data this country is so fucked. Any Forums bros help me out

Attached: download.jpg (735x702, 41.78K)

Harass employers on linkedin

The fuck is social science?
Meme degree?

social sciences = civil service job my man

What in social sciences? Just social sciences?

I've applied for a shitton of government jobs but I'm a straight white man and every position has like affirmative action preferences

Attached: download (1).jpg (633x758, 62.29K)

Public policy + Portuguese + philosophy

Shoulda been a doctor or an engineer fr fr

U have a garbage degree. Try to just get a foot in the door and pivot to IT. I had a garbage degree with 2.9 GPA in college and sub 2.0 GPA in high school but make mid 6 figures now in IT

Ah man

>I had a garbage degree with 2.9 GPA in college and sub 2.0 GPA in high school but make mid 6 figures now in IT

it is IMPOSSIBLE to suffer in america holy moly

>just learn IT bro!

Attached: download (2).jpg (840x665, 159.62K)

>government jobs
Apply to other jobs. Government is hard to get into.

It’s not that. It’s just that having a degree in social science does you no favors because no one cares about. My sincere advice is to apply to college staff jobs across the US.

You should apply to colleges instead. It’s like halfway between a company and government. You would think they care about affirmative action for low level staff but they don’t, just administrators, faculty, and students. If you’re lucky you will be a state employee anyway.

>Government is hard to get into.
everyone said government is basically my only option now
you're probably right. I should look at college admissions positions or something

Attached: download (3).jpg (280x280, 38.45K)

It was hard to get a job at first, but once you get a foot in the door and have experience, no one care.

yes i reiterate

SUFFERING IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE USA

not in the us but still internationally
im a germ studying civil engineering in france and switzerland
got an internship in luxembourg after my second semester and if i wanted to i might work for them after graduating but since i screwed around internationally ive also got another overpaid internship lined up at a german tunnel boring company for which i shouldnt even be considered kek

Is it different in south africa?

Maybe try in UAE or something?

It doesn’t have to be admissions although it can be. Colleges, especially the big ones, hire fleets of people who do low level student facing stuff and are “analysts”. The work is obviously BS and unnecessary but they want it done so they hire people to it anyway, and once you’re in you can move around into different jobs. I’ve seen people with the most irrelevant degrees end up in these jobs. I’m telling you from experience that I think you should apply to colleges.

Maybe my alma mater will hire me, that would be sickly ironic. thanks for the advice.

Attached: download (4).jpg (200x200, 13.12K)

That’s how I got mine.

pretend to be gay

Everybody is wrong. You're qualified for anything administrative in nature, which sucks but exists. Business shouldn't be that hard to swing. Think trade and derivatives.
Is it just a Bachelors? If so, you're as qualified as everyone else for every job in the market. "Customer service experience" sounds like retail. Try to squeeze your way into an entry level office job and work from there. Staffing agencies can also get you in a job quick so you can at least claim experience.
Federal jobs are near impossible to get into unless you are applying to pathways programs for recent grads. For anything else you'd better have your legs blown off in Kandahar so you can can make it into review. I contracted in a gov office for a few years. They spent a year trying to hire me but without preferences it was impossible for me to qualify for the job I was already doing.

Join the military lol

>wrote cover letters/didn't write cover letters
Writing a cover letter will never hurt. If I'm looking at two resumes that are the same but one guy wrote a brief letter (that says anything of value) then he gets an advantage.
Gl. When I got out of college I was stuck until I went to a temp agency and got placed. Now I'm stuck in a different way but at least I have work history and a few references.

Military is also good advice

go to europe or here ore uae you will get a job easily

I've thought about it but then I'd have to pretend to be gay the whole time I worked at a place
I've looked into it but OCS/OTS (officer school in the USA) is actually competitive as fuck and there's like a 2 year wait to even get in (assuming you even make it)
yes it's a bachelor's. "customer service" = a shitton of bartending and restaurant jobs + lots of other oddball hospitality stuff with some management exp. too.
yeah USAJobs is a shitshow. I do filter by recent grad. but I think every position has quite literally 1000s of applicants. I've only gotten to the interview stage twice and was rejected both times after 100s of applications, basically you have to forget about getting into the government unless you're a vet or a minority it seems.
Maybe I'll look at a staffing agency but even they want letters of recommendation (I've looked). everything so is fucked here

Attached: download (6).jpg (410x479, 39.57K)

What an actual fucking loser. You have to be soulless to dedicate this hard just so single mothers and black apes can live off of welfare checks