Do Americans really??

Do Americans really??

Attached: 1648568055599.jpg (1080x1857, 458.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is there possibly not to understand about 24 hour time

the average american has the mental capacity of a 6 year old

24 all the way babyyyyyy.
French uses 24-hour and so do many federal things here so that's why it's common here. Same with year/month/day date format.

Murribrains go
>how can it be 18 when it is 6 o clock. 18 be a different number than 6 and shit

But it is objectively, objectively, one degree less complicated than 12 hour time

6 year olds understand 24 hours just fine in finland.

>brooooo i don't understand metric wtf
i understand converting USA from imperial to metric would cost a lot of money and it would be a logistics and infrastructure nightmare but anyone claiming imperial is in any way better is 100% retarded.

Attached: 1643564263017.png (660x432, 186.46K)

I have come to believe in the conspiracy that the 12-hour clock is only kept alive in order for students and companies to cheat their deadlines.
i.e.: "You told us to hand in our papers on 00:00 AM, but we 'understood' it as 12:00 (noon)".

Imperial is better for day to day measurements and makes nicer divisions that way. A pint is easy to drink while liters only really work for large bottles.
Fahrenheit is outdated though, it was based on brine when pure water wasn't easipy available. I was told by a physics prof there are some industrial systems that still use it and Rankine.

My burger friends are always baffled and mumble something about military time when I use 24 hour system around them. Like they are not even joking, they have no idea if you use it around them.

Couldn't really care less about what is better, but still don't understand how they could manage to fuck it up like this here:
>However, on September 23, 1999, communication with the spacecraft was permanently lost as it went into orbital insertion. The spacecraft encountered Mars on a trajectory that brought it too close to the planet, and it was either destroyed in the atmosphere or escaped the planet's vicinity and entered an orbit around the Sun. An investigation attributed the failure to a measurement mismatch between two software systems: metric units by NASA and US Customary (imperial or "English") units by spacecraft builder Lockheed Martin.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

Attached: autism.jpg (270x187, 6.82K)

No!

Nobody measures drink sizes in liters you absolute retard.

You only say that because that's what you grew up with. There'a nothing special in imperials that makes them easier to gauge. And while it's true 12 can be divided evenly with more numbers than 10,
1. It can't be divided with all the numbers
2. It doesn't make measurements mlre accurate, you're still limited by the same factors
3. Most of the units relate each other in some other factor

You have to understand, american small soda is 1 gallon, or around three liters.

Litres*
But I suppose it's polite to translate when speaking with it as to not confuse it.

Ah, Canadian language. The hybrid beast of all the different types of english.

>american small soda is 1 gallon
Which is about 8 pounds avoirdupois, or 9.72 pounds troy, or about 10 pounds sterling, give or take a quid.

I have done that lmao

Were you successful in the attempt?

When I worked at McDonald's all the clocks were on 24 hour time so I set that to me phone, its been a couple years and I still keep it like that

Yes exactly my point, thank you for your help. Metric's liters aren't useful for drinks while imperial's pints are.

Do euro cars get even numbers of liters when full? In America gallons for car tanks are always whole numbers, which makes them easier to think of and deal with.

No you can look at . You already aren't using liters in a daily measurement. It js much easier to guage inches with your eyes than it is to gauge centimeters too.
Sure metrics conversions are easy, but how often are you really converting in your day to day? That is the only place where metric seems nicer but it isn't used outside technical fields.
Metric and imperial both have their place, onebeing for day to day an the other for technical work.