Americans send their old parents to retirement homes to die and act like it's normal to do that

>Americans send their old parents to retirement homes to die and act like it's normal to do that

Does this happenings in u're cunt???

Attached: 1648252887835.jpg (471x388, 94.25K)

>euros care for neenaw untils shes an immobile ball of flesh

Attached: PepeLaugh.jpg (600x314, 47.97K)

Yes, we even had a scandal recently about abuse in these centers (ORPEA)

If they need it, I will take care of my family.

Yes, it's the norm here.

I worked at one of these homes for one month, before I had to quit. Honestly the most soul crushing shit I've seen in my life. I would 100% kill myself before ending up in one of these homes.

Even though I only was there for a month I still think about it very often. You see some truly grim stuff there. I can't understand how anyone with a soul could work there for years and be ok with it.

Yes. I work in the kitchen of retirement home.
A family dropped their aging patriarch, and they told that they had fooled him and said he was just goign to a doctor's appointment. ALmost 3 months later, they still haven't come to visit him once.

>They must ask for it

Yikes that do be kinda cringe low-key ngl senpai frfr 100p no cap on a stack

Can you share some of the hurtful things you saw?

Jesus fucking Christ man...

Depends on how well the old people treated their children or their step daughter or if they even had children.

I dont understand whats so damn bad about them? You have assistans cleaning your ass and you have people your age to socialize with all day

These people took care of you if you can't return the favor you're a shit and probably going to hell

Not going to force my help on them. My grandma still lives on her own at 90 and wants it to stay that way.

You can't send people to retirement homes against their wills.

You need to look at the culture of the USA in order to understand user
In American culture parents have no obligation to their children past the age of 18
They kick their children out and after retirement they spend all their money or give it away so that their child doesn't get any inheritance since they don't 'deserve it' and feel no need to leave any
It's the expression of individualism and the nuclear family and you should realise that in most cases parents actually want to go to these retirement homes, they don't want to have to spend time living with their child, with their grandkids running around bothering them and having to get cared for by their kids

If it was up to me to design some institution like that I would make it like a community center where people would be grouped by their interests.
Playing tabletops together, watching movies or music, cooking stuff, telling stories, reading books, watching tv series about history and local history of vatious areas, visiting church, visiting school concerts, just being with a group of their friends whatever thye're doing and only grouping people in standard senile asylum if they dont want to do anything.

These geriatric boomers in those places don’t have interests, forget about a foot, these people have half their body in a grave already

This was the first thing that happened the first day of the job:
>show up at 7pm
>hey user, you're new right? you'll go with jennifer here the first week to learn
>go in to one of the residencal rooms
>"good morning, time to wake up!" -jennifer
>the room smells of moisturising lotion and urine
>a boney husk of a human body is laying, moaning in agony
>"ooohh let me die, i don't want to live anymore, i will stop eating just let me die" (not exaggerating)
>jennifer informs me that this patient is "moody sometimes hehe :)"
>also she doesn't refer to her as a patient but as a "inhabitant", since it's an expensive private clinic
>the old woman has pissed herself during the night, jennifer removes her diaper
>we hook her up to some hoisting machine to move her from the bed to her toilet
>while she's in mid aid, butt naked, she shits and pisses before reaching the toilet, it all splashes onto the floor
>all the while she is moaning in agony and angst, talking about wanting to die
This was just the first ten minutes of my time there but it kinda set the tone for the month to follow

>You can't send children to school against their will

I don't care.

Some other things that stuck with me
>fat old lady diagnosed with schizophrenia who kept shouting like crazy and biting herself in the arms and hands
>needs two workers because she's heavy and difficult
>one day me and a colleague is done changing her diapers
>just as we finish, she says she needs to go to the toilet
>my coworker says we dont have time to help her with that so she has to shit in her diaper
>understandably she throws a fit and demands to be taken to the toilet
>coworker repeats that she has go in her diaper and tells me to follow her out of the room
>she's bed ridden and can't do anything about it

Some other stuff
>one old lady had uterus cancer but was too unwell to be put on chemo, so the cancer was just left to eat at her body. her vagina was all kinds of fucked up and had weird shit coming out from it
>one elderly man who smeared shit all over his room constantly
>one woman (not even old, maybe 65) who had no family or friends that ever visted, very depressed. every morning when we woke her up she would just scream and scream in pure dispair
>one lady who refused to wear a diaper who had pissed herself every morning so you had to clean it all up every day
>one old lady got a bad staff infection that eventually ended in necrosis. She had refused to amputate and doctors couldn't force her, so her leg was rotting on her body. Literally the worst stench I have ever smelled in my life, still haunts me
>one lady, former professor of psychiatry, very smart, had gotten a shit ton of medicine prescribed that aren't supposed to be eaten and the same time due to interactions. She got psychotic and did all kinds of weird shit, also thought I would poison her food and stuff.
>one excentic old persian woman, also very smart, she could speak like 6 languages or some shit, some type of professor i think. She got bullied by the other patients and by some of the staff for being weird, ate alone during meals. I always joined her tho

It's strangers. The personnel are understaffed and only there because they were unable to make their minimum wage somewhere else. No guarantees for friends, little to no saying about the daily routines and your family and society wants it to be good enough for you even if it isn't.