Mexican Govt is cutting down the jungle

It is building a train that is planned to go through 9 protected areas

Their only "argument" to destroy the jungle is
>you didn't said anything 40 years ago when parts of the jungle were being destroyed to create hotels

That argument is really retarded, as if the previous governments caused destruction, somehow it gave them Carte Blanche to destroy all what they want to put the railroads for their lame ass train.

Attached: rana tren.png (800x1200, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gjl_uNzS-CY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dont they have cartel hideouts in the jungle?
i think youre gonna see a lot of these workers in future videos

It feels like the Dominican Republic - Haiti border, where Haiti is a desert.

They say that "they are planting trees", but not a single evidence that they are doing that.

Attached: Fronteras,_Haití_-_República_Dominicana-0.png (1980x1288, 601.99K)

why is amlo so evil?

so?, why are you not protesting against the cartels devastating entire mountains in other states?

God tree hugers are so pathetic and fake

We are lucky enough to be born in time to witness the end of all animal and plant life.

I think you are referring to Colombia, as here in Mexico, afaik most of the states with the majority of the crime issues are on the west side and they don't have jungles.

The train is contemplated to go through Yucatan peninsula, one of the safest states in Mexico.

Attached: ruta tren.jpg (1800x1175, 416.38K)

Isn't the govt duty to protect the natural resources and their population?
It it supposed that that is the main reason we pay taxes.

are you guys gonna vote in the consultation

they just cut a line

>noooo you can't just cut down le heckin trees

Attached: mexisoy.png (530x544, 96.83K)

Nah, that shit is only to "legitimate" the president, is basically a popularity poll that will cost us 90 million dollars.

Attached: 3109089034499280.jpg (1024x1274, 1.12M)

They just did a line for the train tracks you dumb indio

A lot of lines, hughe lines, then they started to chop down trees without a plan.

Only in mexico they start things like this without proper studies, resulting in SEVEN route changes since they started to "work" on it.

>where Haiti is a desert.
It's not jorge. It has lot of flora that you can't see at such a high level. Shrubbery and pushes are just as equal as trees.

The railroad width is around 1.5m, also the train even if its of charge, I dont think it needs more than 5m wide.

Then why the fuck they are chopping down lines of 60m?

>populism bad
go back to r/mexico

The government is planning to build a train, a train is more eco-friendly than roads or planes, the people there, who are amongst the poorest in the country and have been ignored for decades because everything is focused on the north and center of Mexico, need jobs and a source of income (a touristic train and a cheaper transport system), in other words: the project is sustainable, only a small fraction of the railroad requires trees to be cut, the rest is being built on pre-existing railroads or in places where the power lines are.

It is not only the government's duty to protect natural resources (ecosystems) but also to develop the land the people lives in. I hate to say it but in case you haven't noticed human existence requires the destruction of nature, at least with our current life style. If you focus on protecting nature you will make people destroy nature even more like haitians but if you find a way for people to make a living from nature (eco-tourism) then both man and nature will benefit and the destruction will be minimal.

I didn't see those environmentalists crying for the thousands of square meters of mangler of mangrove destroyed in the riviera Maya by hotels and resorts, they are clearly politically biased. Instead of going crazy for trees that can be planted again, they should start educating the locals to introduce them to sustainable development, believe it or not that has a deeper impact if your goal is to protect nature.

millions of animals will be killed. why can't they make it elevated

You think vegetation is just different 1 mt away?

It was obvious that they chopped all the trees.

Have you ever heard about Desertification?

>making a train for gringos to ride on is going to develop the peninsula
kek. yeah develop it into a glorified amusement park
not that that would be much different from how it currently is. i guess prostituting yourself to old gringas beats planting corn

Attached: 1646599718729.jpg (614x586, 31.4K)

> If you focus on protecting nature you will make people destroy nature even more like haitians
excuse me? how exactly was haiti protecting anything? they barely have a government
>I didn't see those environmentalists crying for the thousands of square meters of mangler of mangrove destroyed in the riviera Maya by hotels and resorts, they are clearly politically biased.
environmental groups have been complaining for decades about hotel development across the country

>Ecofriendly
>Chopping the jungle in 9 pieces

Ecofriendly would be if the train was elevated, but this is NOT going to happen.

>the project is sustainable
No, it would need millions of passengers and hundreds of years to barely recover the investment.

>only a small fraction of the railroad requires trees to be cut
That is a lie, they have cut off hundreds, hundreds of acres.

>It is not only the government's duty to protect natural resources (ecosystems) but also to develop the land the people lives in.
We have thousands of square kilometers in the country to develop, and a lot of people with needs.
What is the fucking need to destroy the jungle? How many people in need lives in the jungle compared to other states?
Campeche, Yucatán and QRoo are few of the states with most HDI of Mexico.

Shouldn't the focus in the states with more poverty?

Fuck them jungles and the redskins inside them too.

I don't really see the issue. Trains are good.

Based af, treefags seething

>I didn't see those environmentalists crying for the thousands of square meters of mangler of mangrove destroyed in the riviera Maya by hotels and resorts, they are clearly politically biased.

Is this shit for sure? Did you live in a cave? Or do you know the country before 2018?

Environmentalists had been complaining for DECADES, DECADES:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gjl_uNzS-CY

But this govt thinks the is "the king of the protests and good causes", so everyone who "dares" to critic them, is just an evil person.

> cost of a single trip for locals, for the section that goes from Cancún to Playa del Carmen will be around 50 pesos. Tourists will be expected to pay between 800 to 1000 pesos for the same trip.
this is FUCKING BULLSHIT man

Attached: Ragejak.png (576x590, 231.15K)

Trains at floor level, in middle of the jungle? One of the main lungs in the continent?

Even Malasya had a better plan than us.

Attached: elevated train.jpg (1400x1050, 602.21K)

hopefully this will increase migration to yucatan and make indios a minority like what happened in quintana roo

hasn't QR had a crime spike which corresponds to the migration of Mestizos?

you pay taxes beacuse you will be gangraped in jail if you dont

Doubt it.

Found the retard

The jungle is doomed anyway, take a look at google maps and see how fragmented it is, specially in Campeche, the train is bringing more benefits than damage to the jungle because
1. People will see the jungle as their source of income and will know that is better to keep the jungle healthy instead of cutting trees to plant coffee, mangoes or sell the wood in the black market.
2. The project includes the expansion or declaration of new protected natural areas, thus serving as a shield against the growing agricultural menace.
3. Less cars means less contamination, the locals will be able to travel in a passenger train system additional to the touristic class, in case you didn't know, passenger trains were a thing in Mexico until they were privatized decades ago by the same kind of people who are now funding the tree hugers who are complaining for this project.
4. Thanks to the project, new archaeological discoveries have been reported along the train tracks, this will bring more tourists and increase the cultural heritage of the Yucatan peninsula and their people.

Attached: i3r3j3r3r.png (1060x808, 1.28M)

proof

Malaysia is a tiny dense country and a fucking monorail doesn't go a quarter as fast as high speed or even normal freight rails would.

those structures need deep foundations, the Yucatan peninsula and part of Southeast Mexico have Karst soils which wouldn't be able to withstand such deep excavations.

I am sure some politicians have received a lot of money in tax havens in order to approve destroying 9 protected areas

that giant untouched swathe in the corner of campeche is one of the places through which the line will go is my reply above grammatically correct?