Is it common for people in your country to invest in American securities...

Is it common for people in your country to invest in American securities, such as American companies or S&P 500 index funds for example? If you aren't American, why?

Attached: 1648390485440.jpg (1280x1172, 356.83K)

Kinda, dunno, it is another economy. I don't put a lot of money in it, but I leave some there, just in case things aren't that great here, there is some there that I could get back.
I unironically bought my chromebook with stock money and something like 200 usd were from US stocks.

Nah im only in crypto and swedish funds

I use to own IBM shares, but only because I worked there an got stock options and a program to purchase some at -15%.

Other than that, I exclusively buy stock of French (or French-ish) companies. That is because we have a special saving account here, profits are tax-free provided you don't withdraw money from it for the first five years, and it must be French companies (or eurozone; in that case the dividends are taxed in the country of origin and the capital gains are tax-free).

I invest in a Nasdaq-100 ETF because that index performs better than German indices.

Can you write that in english? Me no hablo americano.

It's not very common to invest in stocks in France to start with, and for the few who do, there are incentives towards domestic companies.

Picrel is my portfolio as of friday's close

Attached: MP.png (693x605, 55.41K)

*performed
You cannot know the future and maybe one day people will wake up and realize that big tech brought nothing but ads and misery.

Some ETF's I'm in have american, chinese and all kinds of european stocks in them
For single stocks I only have a couple tech ones like PLTR and CSIQ (actually canadian)

Nah, that Nvidia cloud thing is going ot be huge. So is Amazon cloud shit. Healthcare is going to be revolutionized in a way that will definitely never look the same.

Their P/L is at 72, which is expensive, but I can't blame people for pouring their money into it. I personally don't own any.

no, but our corporations, pension funds and any kind of funds do. also there is a good reason why the US capital market is 8 times bigger than europe and every big company like spotify publicly trade in america.. european and latin american countries don't have enough centralization and is too dominated by privately owned billionaires/government funds.

american capitalism is shitty for ordinary people, but they know how to do things right for anyone smart enough to understand price appreciation and interest rates.

t. analyst in capital markets for a bank here.

Because diversifying and SP500 usually performs well plus it's so jellybean the ETFs are the cheapest

it surprises me why europeans and social democratic countries would rather lock up their money in government bonds or bank accounts that never gain. people do that here too, every boomer buys property or puts it into a pensions or bonds.

meanwhile america has way more average people willing to become a retail investor and learn about markets. many more who throw it in an institutional fund.

a social safety net really changes how risky people tend to be, and the lack of it forces alot of people to learn how to play the capitalism game. here people get lazy and complacent and everyone aims for a government job they cannot get fired from because of it.

its fun to dab on americans for healthcare and guns and being third worlders but survival mode mentality really can benefit a country.

>mfw government job but still invest in stocks

Attached: 1540482006078.jpg (245x249, 10.15K)

friends tell me to invest in the domestic stock market. I ask them:
1. Can you access the bond market and bonds that are issued by those companies, their price and rating?
no
2. Do you have access to information about insiders transactions?
no
3.Do you have access to information about investment firms that have holdings or percents owned in a respected company?
no
some of the reason why i will never invest in my country
ahh, yes, i can also leverage, that practice is banned in my country soooo

Younger generations here are actually much more interested in investing into stock markets, survey results indicate the vast majority are these days. Historically it was something frowned upon due to implications of greed in the normie's head, in fact as an early 90's kid in university (STEM) I still heard some tards voice such opinions and being convinced it's greedy and a scam. Intelligence? Probably not but rather changes in society

Yes, sadly.
Altough i wont buy any american stocks since shortselling is legal in the US

In France, it has became more common to invest in the stock market in the past 2-3 years, though it's still not widespread, far from it.
That is because the government wanted to promote it, so they privatized the national lottery (which also has a monopoly on many other forms of legalized gambling). They also covered the transaction fees as a bonus.
They also made the tax-free account even more attractive by removing some restrictions.
This was wildly popular and got new people interested in the stock market, and since only a few months later the Covid panic created great opportunities, some people earned mad money (x3 in a few months) and are now hooked.

But the image of evil greed plus an exaggerated idea of the risks severely limited the popularity.

It's very common to daytrade ES and NQ because of the excellent liquidity. Don't know about long term investors.

What stocks are u shorting fellow bear?
Need some adv and rec

SQQQ