Homosexuals in ancient Greece

Why was the smartest society in the ancient world and the birthplace of Western Civilisation filled with boys loving other boys? Doesnt that imply being gay is a good thing?

Attached: f60696ef025aa545e90e432998aeee7b.jpg (850x675, 139.1K)

It had men loving boys. It is called pederasty (look it up) and it was looked down upon.

for every pedo teacher fucking his students there were dozens of regular gay couples like Alexander the great and his lover, sacred band of thebes, spartan battle buddies, etc

read corydon

I've unironically been jerking to yiff for about 9 years now

Those were not "gay couples". You're taking platonian love and male bonding and equating it to sodomy.

Holy cope

Attached: Kiss_Briseis_Painter_Louvre_G278_full.jpg (1024x997, 301.94K)

if sexual that's clearly pederasty

Women were literally viewed as subhuman. Love between men was considered the only true form of love

ok pederast

pretty sure they did fuck m8
roman emperors fucked tons of guys in their 20's too like Sporus

>But all who are male slices pursue the males; and while they are boys—because they are cutlets of the male—they are friendly to men and enjoy lying down together with and embracing men; and these are the best of boys and lads, because they are naturally the manliest. Some, to be sure, assert that such boys are shameless, but they lie. For it is not out of shamelessness that they do this but out of boldness, manliness, and masculinity, feeling affection for what is like to themselves. And there is a great proof of this, for once they have reached maturity, only men of this kind go off to political affairs. When they are fully grown men, they are pederasts and naturally pay no attention to marriage and procreation, but are compelled to do so by the law; whereas they would be content to live unmarried with one another.
—Aristophanes' speech in the Symposium, 191e-192b

>pretty sure they did fuck m8
because everyone loves poo on dick and bleeding anus.

You're being disingenuous. There was a similar system in place in Japan where an older man would mentor a younger man in a ritualised homosexual relationship. The most famous one is Oda Nobunaga and Ranmaru Mori. It was a way of securing an alliance similar to a marriage alliance without resorting to polygamy.

If you've ever played Shogun Total War 2 then you know how much of a pain in the ass the Mori are so good on Oda desu

Attached: 1630237421218.jpg (728x455, 77.25K)

>an older man would mentor a younger man in a ritualised homosexual relationship
I wouldn't want any "older man" to "mentor" my son in a "ritualised homosexual relationship". I believe young men can become mature without being raped by some creepy old fag. It's called work, marriage and parenthood. That's what actually makes you an adult, not sexual depravity.

Like I said it was also a political mechanism. Nobles used to get up to some pretty wild shit. I'm not advocating it I'm just saying you're just lying if you're saying it didn't happen

>I-i-it was merely political!
Holy cope

Attached: 1616255693064 (1).jpg (1440x960, 605.46K)

>filled with boys loving other boys
Was it? It seems like more pop science propaganda.

It wasn't merely political but it had a political element to it in certain contexts. No one's saying that Roman's weren't fucking their boy slaves for fun but over different cultures and places it has undergone different interpretations. There's also no real evidence that the Sacred Band of Thebes were actually lovers. Creditable historical sources anyway.

In ancient Greece it was an upper class method of mentoring youths and like I said love between men was seen as the only real form of love because women were subhuman

imagine the sex

Attached: 1620756834609.jpg (640x960, 52.67K)

>In ancient Greece it was an upper class method of mentoring youths
So the smartest men in the smartest society in the ancient world fell in love with and had sex with other men??

Attached: 0e7835835b4ec5cde19a86286d693e69.jpg (850x817, 93.77K)

I'm not arguing for or against it. I'm the person saying that historically it happened. You're a furfaggot though so I guess logical thought is beyond you