Why do American police use military grade weapons and equipment?

Even mine-resistant armored vehicles wtf.

Attached: knock knock.jpg (1371x961, 952.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yaQ-w4OS7bk
fox26houston.com/news/more-than-100-homicides-reported-so-far-in-2022-within-houston-city-limits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They get them for free from the department of defense. One MRAP went through 5 departments in my home state because they couldn't afford the maintenance kek.

The federal gov sells it to them for cheap when they don't need it anymore. Sometimes it's free.
American criminals were pretty ballsy in the 90s. even now we had a massive shootout after a bank robbery here recently. Like 4 people died.

Police are authoritarians, especially the city police. They like to LARP as big boy military and think they're different from regular civilians.
And the military industrial complex is perfectly OK with feeding into their insecurities, because what else are you going to do with these over-armored vehicles now that there's no Afghanistan?

it would be cheaper to get just used police car/car for 1000 $ but the point is police don't like getting shot too. they need vehicles like that.
shooting is quite common, most american posters can hear gun shots in right now

That one guy that made an armoured vehicle and go for a ride in his neighborhood.

kek, they end up here eventually.

Attached: Untitled.png (820x919, 964.75K)

>what else are you going to do with these over-armored vehicles now that there's no Afghanistan?
Give them to the Taliban?

Attached: 1629455668230.jpg (1428x1552, 892.99K)

I wish they were legal to use for civilians and I would trade my Ford Raptor. DoD might not need my shekels

>Ford raptor
guess you're used to your engine blowing up and needing expensive repairs

Demographics

No.
The police get them free from the dod.

Burger cops love to LARP as actual soldiers.

Some even LARP as speshul forces.

You guys are the only ones who make the manliest trucks, so I can live with that

Americans are violent haha. Theres shoot outs caught on video in the US almost everyday.
youtube.com/watch?v=yaQ-w4OS7bk

The military donates them to swat teams

when did Houston get so violent?

>Houston
Isn't that in Texas? Literally just suburbs and shit where nothing happens. Would hate to see how bad it gets in real metropolitan/urban areas.

Attached: 1621220499782.jpg (640x852, 37.23K)

Get them free from the government because the military doesn't want them
They're basically white elephants, expensive to maintain and with almost no practical use for police work.

>Isn't that in Texas
they have cities as well.
And Houston has gotten really violent really quick.

fox26houston.com/news/more-than-100-homicides-reported-so-far-in-2022-within-houston-city-limits

They should sell them to civilians like me
I would buy one y me voy a ver bien mamalon to pick up some slags

Attached: 1559413692973.jpg (1080x1080, 151.35K)