i really don't know how to play this game

It's simple, you, uh, raise the tariffs

Filtered

EUIII > Victoria2

>hpm mod
>instantresearch
>money 999999999999
time to manifest destiny as liechtenstein

Attached: mxbr2pl6vq651.jpg (1080x1175, 321.55K)

build liquor factories

Raise the tarifs and taxes, get a laissez faire party in charge and start praying

>select Free City of Kraków

Attached: 1600359379785.jpg (481x543, 70.81K)

>Raise the tarifs
>get a laissez faire party in charge
You can't do both unless you want to kill your industry.

laissez faire is so stupid in this game cause AI absolutely sucks at building financially beneficial industries completely opposite from how it was in reality

actually, get a state capitalism party with 100% tariffs early and fill all your states with good factories manually (you can only build factories yourself with state capitalism or planned economy, which is only unlocked lategame, and capitalists only build shit factories), then switch to a laissez faire party (your factories get productivity boost) with 0 tariffs

It works fine if you're a huge literate country with a fuckton of capitalists, my endgame industrial score as HPM Russia was 7300

Yeah, but it could be better,the AI doesn't build factories in states with appropriate RGOs or synergies (e.g. Machine Parts on a state with a Steel Mill and Iron), and they only see the demand at the time of investment so they end up building shit like clipper factory

>play vicky2 for the first time
>fuck, now I gotta take control of the economy and shit
>raise the taxes
>goes well, suddenly we drop and can't recruit anymore because broke
>try to invade some Caribbean island to recover financially
>can't do shit and lost all my sailors and soldiers on that cruise
fuck this game

Attached: 1623711718114.jpg (640x628, 39.64K)

Vic II isn't a map painter lol
Also you have to take supply ranges into account for a naval invasion, if you just send navies with shit tech across the world they're going to get wiped

just encourage bureaucrats, then clergy/intellectuals, then soldiers

>Vic II isn't a map painter
yeah that's what I noticed, also nobody attacked my navies, the crew members just disappeared at sea lol

I will try it next time since I was mainly focused on soldiers and navy

Your ships got destroyed by attrition from being in open seas too long, basically your sailors starved to death.

this should cover the basics and some more
lparchive.org/Victoria-II/

There's many different ways to play it.

You can play Switzerland and turn it into an industrial and cultural great power with a huge sphere of influence and super happy pops without ever waging a single war.

>buy CK3
>play it
>it sucks
>go back to CK2

Shame they abandoned Imperator: Rome, I love the time period. CK3 has too much focus on faggotry and less historical.

>Crusader Kings
>Goes all the way to India/China or south to Subsaharan Africa

>not reclaiming AMERICA