My grandparents didn't even finish elementary school

my grandparents didn't even finish elementary school
does this happen in your country?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

my grandpa didn't too

Yep, sometimes their parents would let them attend school to the point where they learned to learn, write and do basic math, then there was no point in going any further.

yeah my grandpa only finished 3rd grade

how old are they? did they grow up in communist or pre-communist times?

my dad didn't finish elementary school and mom didn't finish high school

Learned to read*

no but in my dream last night i was failing my last year of high school in my twenties.
i don't really member any of the details, besides that

Yes. My grandmother and all of her sieblings never went to school and started working at her parents farm by age 6. She was born in 1931

my dad has only completed highschool (no degree) works as bank manager makes $3000/month

Attached: 1646923866141.gif (255x225, 381.88K)

grandpa born in 1939, grandma 1942
they thought they were going to be peasants working in the farm all their life just like all their ancestors did so they did not see any reason to attend school after they learned to read and write

My grandparents all finished high school. My father's parents lived in rural areas, but they came from educated families (one of my father's grandfathers was a university professor), so they went farther than most of their peers. My mother's parents grew up in New York City, so it was normal for them to finish school.

I'm proud of him :)))

Attached: 1647173703564.jpg (933x933, 50.7K)

My grandad joined the PLA before he finished high school after it was taken in 1948.
He got a pretty good job in the military since he was the one of the few people who could read and write.

I have no idea what sort of education my dad's parents had, they were dirt poor, but they owned a tiny house in a tiny shithole city, and a large enough potato patch to survive (literally a stone's toss from the river.
I remember hearing that after dad and other kids moved out, they had a deadbeat tenant in one of the rooms who skipped out without paying rent.
My mom's mom was an elementary school teacher and a daughter of a farmer/lay preacher/politician/bailiff/whatever paid the bills. Mom's dad was an axe lunatic who was put into care we don't talk about him.

All my grandparents are dead by now.

Go back.

My grandfather graduated from a soviet military academy and speaks 5 languages.

Racist

yes, my grandpa didnt

My Grandpa was forced to stay and work on the farm during the depression while his younger siblings got to go to university. He resented this fact his whole life.

Damn i hate somalians so hard, how much it would cost to come there and shoot somalian?

all of my parents and grandparents have at least finished highschool and half of them weren't even cityfolks
my grandad who was born in the early 30s and starved as a kid during ww2 has a diploma in forestry

Attached: 1624182121908.jpg (750x562, 39.49K)

maybe the parents and grandparents were successful people with families and careers was BECAUSE they didn't sit in school until they were 25

My grandpa went to med school and ended up immigrating here by doing a residency at the mayo clinic because otherwise his children might have been drafted in the iran iraq war
Grandma definitely didn't do much other than basic schooling and has been a housewife all her life

jokes on you i'm 26 and i'm still studying

Attached: 0182c29f40e25a65808850494b57ba45.jpg (550x550, 44.42K)

Soul

My grandpa went to unversity and was a high school principal
my great grandpa was an architect and had a PhD

no my grandfather family had money

Neither did mine. My grandma barely learnt to read and my grandfather didn't, but he knew enough to make a living as a livestock trader.

My Grandparents married before leaving school

Yes

>does this happen in your country?
Yes and they still get a huge house with a lot of space and a lot of lands

My Great Great Grandpa took a BA from Cambridge and then just lived of his inheritance the rest of his life. What a dream