What is life like in East Timor?

What is life like in East Timor?
Is it more or less developed than the western part ran by Indonesia?

Attached: 64651962-B6FF-4E6A-834F-9795A042895A.jpg (1280x720, 227.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/du6ZT4jRUs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>East Timor
Just your average thirdie country
>West Timor
Just your average thirdie country, albeit slightly more developed than East Timor

Australia really fucked them over by stealing all of their oil deposits, they could have used the money to turn into some kind of bizarro Asian Bahrain. Sadly not to be due to the eternal greed of the Anglo.

Attached: 1632943842256.jpg (1024x1009, 55.71K)

>Just your average thirdie country, albeit slightly more developed than East Timor
Are you sure, I’m looking at the capital city and Dili city looks 2-3x more developed than Kumpang.
I thought there would be like a bit more development in Kumpang

butthurt Indonesians incoming

>Australia really fucked them over by stealing all of their oil deposits
Wait what? Damn, is East Timor working with China now?

youtu.be/du6ZT4jRUs8

Basically Australia respects the pink line as the boundary for EEZs but a separate treaty concluded in the 70s when Timor didn't exist means we get all of the seabed minerals and fuel up to the blue line even though it's technically in their EEZ
Most of the oil in the region is beyond the blue line but because it's a seabed resource it's Australia's

Attached: Timor.jpg (2249x1300, 710.72K)

>Basically Australia respects the pink line as the boundary for EEZs but a separate treaty concluded in the 70s when Timor didn't exist means we get all of the seabed minerals and fuel up to the blue line even though it's technically in their EEZ
>Most of the oil in the region is beyond the blue line but because it's a seabed resource it's Australia's
Damn, scammers

I find it funny when Indonesians say Australia is evil because of this when this treaty was concluded when East Timor was part of Indonesia

>Kupang vs Dili
Huh, they looks pretty much the same here
But outside of the capital, you can see more development from the Indonesia side THOUGH albeit only slightly

Kupang has somewhat more shoddy houses that are built with rusty rooftops, and looks an bit less developed than Dili.
Outside the capital I dunno, according to one video I saw 33% of East Timor people can’t read or write.

Attached: 0DFDB463-75A8-4551-9450-CF210F4C7684.jpg (573x144, 70.85K)

usual american and australian money. Dili got their development money, Kupang didn't. East Timor also have that useless freeway that was only build so that the chinese can get to the mining places faster and even then they barely use that road. Aceh is like that too because of tsunami so they have american built road. Indonesia can really have world class infrastructure because geography dictates that the resources will be divided. Anyway I've been to Kupang and Dili and while dili looks a bit more developed I've seen more literal starving people in the street which is something I've never seen in Kupang.

I mean *can not

Hell on earth
There are stabbing and shooting around every corner

Missing Portuguese rule

Ah ok

Kupang is literally 3rd tier capital city located in Eastern Indonesia where development is non existent while Dili is capital city of Timor Leste

That’s Papua New Guinea

What is the portugese / brazilian opinion on east timor?

Attached: 1635874514273.jpg (655x527, 36.32K)

That's the plan, also ship cargo spot.

I don't want to eat the monke

Attached: 1618567471465.jpg (1000x1195, 83.73K)

I don’t even consider those places as SEA, its in Africa for all i care