Why do spanish speakers use this shit

why do spanish speakers use this shit

Attached: page1-250px-Signosdepuntuación_html_y_binario.pdf.jpg (250x166, 8.04K)

Unlike English, Spanish doesn't use any additional words or restructuring to indicate a question. So until you see the end of a sentence, it might look like a statement. A beginning question mark will prevent this confusion.

But Spanish is literally the only language that does this bullshit. Other romance language don't have any additional words or restructuring to indicate a question, yet they don't use this superfluous punctuation. People can usually guess what type of sentence it will by from context alone.

other romance languages are for white people, spanish isn't

Well, then maybe said languages should also use inverted punctuation.

No; It's unnecessary and just adds to visual clutter.

It lets you right it in the right tone right away, making you know it's a question. Instead of getting confused at the end and reading it again.

I was hoping for an answer from spaniards or sudacas, not chicanos

Or they can just learn how to read faster and improve their reading comprehension over time. If you're a beginner in a language, I can see how this type of punctuation can help you in the initial stages, but like training wheels, you will need to take them off once you become a big kid

This

They don't use it when they're speaking smart guy. So illiterate Spanish speakers don't use it.

I've literally never used them and nobody has reprimanded me for it

They are mostly used in books and formal writings though. You're fine without them but sometimes you may not be able to tell the difference between a question and a statement.

He's right, however

kek imagine having to type this shit every time

¿what's wrong with that?

cringe

What if you want to build a sentence like

I love french fries, or do I?

Nowadays we mostly only close questions and exclamations unless we're writing something formal.

¿wrong with that?

isn't this the right way for you¿