Is this movie well-known in other countries or only in America?

Is this movie well-known in other countries or only in America?

Is it hard for people from other countries to relate to it or do they understand the American dream and story of cultural assimilation and immigration?

Attached: godfather.jpg (800x1000, 124.7K)

Not sure if well known, but I had conversations with peoples irl who know about this movie. They usually just think of it as that one "old but cool gangster movie." Same with the second one.

It was my favorite movie as a teenager, no idea why because I'm not a smart person that understands cinema or anything but I really liked the setting and the music and I watched it a ton of times. The PS2 game was also really good.

>It was my favorite movie as a teenager
What is it now? It better not be capeshit.

Yes, it's well-known.
>They usually just think of it as that one "old but cool gangster movie."
Also this.

Yes to both. The topic of emigration and assimilation into other cultures is easily understood, at least superficially. I also liked the scenes in Sicily and the ones from the sequel, with Robert De Niro

How common are men like Michael and Vito in Italy?

Don't really have a favorite anymore but I can tell you that before my teenage years my favorite was The Mummy (1999) starring Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz

II > I

Based. It's one of the best adventure movies ever made.

Attached: adventure-movies.jpg (900x300, 118.66K)

The first Pirates movie is legit great. I have seen The Mummy many times when I was a kid too. I never watch National Treasure, I only know it from the meme about Nic Cage wanting to steal the US declaration of independence for some freemason treasure.

Mafia isn't like that, it's not elegant, passionate or romantic. Cosa Nostra bosses generally look like ordinary boomers and until thirty years ago they always mantained mafia did not exist. Still, The Godfather has fascinated a generation of mafiosi. I remember reading about some boss who said it was his favorite film; the theme song has been played at prominent funerals. During a series of important trials in the late 80s, a defendant accused informant Tommaso Buscetta, who had helped jail tens of mafiosi, of having made up the existence of mafia based on The Godfather.
A better representation of Italian organized crime is the one you see in The Sopranos.

Attached: arresto_del_boss_della_camorra_michele_zagaria.jpg (750x526, 56.21K)

my passed away dad was a fan of that.
Its well known, its not good entretainment unless you specifically like that but its
known

we had a lot of italians poorfags trying to get up by any means so its not a strange story for us at least, brazil also share that new world shitty vibe

I echo user's words.

Love the De Niro scenes, pure soul

Attached: 1626076747366.png (658x447, 581.59K)

Watch it user, it's as fun, comfy, and kino as the other two

>A better representation of Italian organized crime is the one you see in The Sopranos.
There are italian mafia members like paulie?

Attached: Z.jpg (305x165, 9.55K)

>its not good entretainment unless you specifically like that

Attached: hitler-disgusted.jpg (711x540, 51.99K)

>Buscetta
KEK. Buceta in portuguese means vagina lol

The uniform of these cops look sick btw

if it's #1 on imdb ofc it's well known

Fellow Mummy enjoyers. Rachel Weisz was hot as fuck as well.