For me, it's mortadela

For me, it's mortadela

Attached: mortadela.jpg (554x554, 23.9K)

bondiola > all

Bologna

baloney

My grandma believed mortadela was made from horse meat for some reason. Anyways, lomito is the best fiambre.

speck > gabagool > prosciutto crudo > rest

*mortandela

i believed that until i read your post

Is it actually good? Looks like cheap sausage.

you can make it with a lot of animals tbf

Attached: CA4OMFRVEAAg5Zb.png (1500x1488, 1.37M)

based

based

It's basically ham. You eat it with bread.

There are cheap and more expensive ones, it was originally a poor sausage but it has always been liked by any class, fresh bread and simple mortadella is the simpliest sandwich and snack for example. Also flavor changes depending on how you eat it, it's a little greasy and chewy if you eat it in pieces while the best form for me is thin slices like veils, it basically melts in your mouth and releases all the flavors, the higher the quality the better the taste and nor egrets at all. It's tastier than let's say other peasant food like salami made with brain and other poor parts because those are super salty and jelly like.

Minced mortadella is also used as ravioli/tortellini filling.

Mortadelle is part of my childhood memories, we ate that almost every morning during vacations in Italy

It's the non-shit version of bologna because if you take out all the good parts of this, what's left is literally bologna.

My personal favorite is a sandwich of thinly-sliced mortadella, some thinly-sliced mozzarella, and some olive oil and a tiny bit of vinegar sprinkled on it.

Based
I eat it twice everyday

Not a fan of olive oil on panini unless it needs some "lube" or it is used to create sauces, mortadella is just fat on its own so no mayo or oil for my sandwiches, and I'd rather use lemon juice as acidic note.
Some put pistachio sauce that uses oil in it, other use parmesan (too salty and dry for me) or fresh goat cheese, all work.
I like simple mortadella and maybe arugola with it, most classic way just like piadina and simply arugola and various cold cuts and squaquerone cheese apart to fully enjoy each flavor at best.

I also like this version by the official parmigiano site recipes: bread, parmigiano (only 12 months so it's not as strong flavored and salty like), lemon (juice and peel), corn salad. Chop the cheese and mix it with lemon to make it creamy, then fill the sandwich, the lemon tames the mortadella extra fat release.

Simple bread and mortadella is still too good because it lets you enjoy the non mass production bread flavor too and it's the traditional way to enjoy this farmers launch.

For me, it's trash.