Any Forums friends, I want to acquire Italian citizenship

I am learning Italian (and have been for a couple months) and I am willing to be patient/spend a lot of time and money to make it happen. I have no friends in Brazil, I hate this country and want to leave. I don't care if I end up less wealthy in Italy than in Brazil.

My family is highly assimilated and thus I'm not sure where I would be able to find the correct documentation. Any advice from former Brazilians whom've managed to go to Italy would be ideal.

I plan on presenting my Embassy with all prepared documents and a competent understanding of Italian before I apply.

Any advice on Italian customs and idioms, especially on the area i'm going to (Milan/Lombardia as a whole) would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie. Macacoposters need not apply unless they want to help. I hate your country, and want to leave as quickly as possible. Have a good evening.

Attached: Flag-Pins-Italy-Brazil.jpg (400x320, 61.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

italobrasileiros.com/it/servizi/cittadinanza-italiana/
ambbrasilia.esteri.it/ambasciata_brasilia/it/informazioni_e_servizi/servizi_consolari/cittadinanza
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump, I want to quickly clarify I have (mostly) Italian ancestry, unfortunately some Portuguese and Indigenous got caught up in the mix aswell that i'm greatly ashamed of, ergo given sufficient effort in finding evidence for it, I would indeed apply for jus sanguinis as far as I understand.

>picrel, Italian embassy in Brasília

Attached: ae3nvs6it0d51.jpg (499x665, 86.4K)

>I have no friends
lol loser

mio dio un scimmia qui parla

TAWNY MAN COME HOME

In addition, I do NOT want Portuguese citizenship and to live in Italy. I want Italian citizenship. I have no connection to Portugal and don't care if their citizenship laws are "easier". If either country leaves the EU, I am screwed.

I have directly avoided talking to any of my old school friends because I do not like them anymore, and I've been at least passively thinking of leaving for two years now. This country offers me nothing, and I offer this country nothing.

That sounded slightly edgier than I thought, sorry. The point is that my former schoolfriends are Brazilians, thus there is little I can enjoy in talking to them.

Esqueceu o proxy com a bandeira da Italia

kek

fuck off we're full

I wish I could help you fren, but I'm not from Lombardia
From what I know Milano is globalism-ified enough for you to fit in without being well versed in customs though

Thank you! I guess I can just learn Italian to fluency and pick stuff up along the way. Grazie regardless amico.

Yeah, i wonder how are your demographics doing

Attached: siciliamoment.png (851x63, 10.86K)

The Italian foreign ministry (Farnesina) and consultate websites might help you with the paperwork

I'm not knowledgeable about Brazil but you'll need to know your ancestry well, to check the dates of everyone in line, to find their naturalization status, and their birth, marriage, and death certificates. This meand you need to know the Italian comune of the ancestor you want to use. If you can research and order everything you'll save money, if it is hard an agency can help but they'll charge you for it. Everything also needs translations and you have to pay someone for this, they are certified a certain way.

The waiting time for embassies is many years for appointments and then many years for approval. A faster way is to move to Italy, which I am doing. It might be cheaper if you rent cheap, or have a host, and someone to help you besides an agency, otherwise the cost of speeding up years to months is several thousand euros, even for one person.

My advice is to first trace your line(s) back to Italy, then check all the dates of birth and immigration. Your ancestor should have been born/left Italy after 1863. They couldn't have naturalized before 1912. Any woman in your line who birthed the next in your line, should have given birth after 1948. If any of these occur, you have a legal case.

Buona fortuna

I'm so sorry, I think it was actually 1861. When Italy became a country

Understood. Thank you so much.

Based user, wish I could help, I'm in the middle of my italian citizenship process but my parents are the ones dealing with it, so I have little knowledge on the process. Good luck for you. maybe we can be friends in Italy :)

1861 is the year of Italian unification.
For the OP: italobrasileiros.com/it/servizi/cittadinanza-italiana/

ambbrasilia.esteri.it/ambasciata_brasilia/it/informazioni_e_servizi/servizi_consolari/cittadinanza

Keep in mind that your ancestor must have not renounced their Italian citizenship via naturalization.