DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2828

DJT is a language learning thread for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Translation requests, insults, politics, reddit posts, learning method / eceleb discussions: Previous Thread:

Attached: 1647106349344.webm (720x720, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sakura-paris.org/dict/明鏡国語辞典/prefix/ぽっくり
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/placename
youtube.com/watch?v=WDH_nJM3djc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops #2829

>At least you need to pick a video with subtitles of the target language.

おつ
パチパチパチ

>それが先月、ぽくりと亡くなった
Sorry to disturb.
What is ぽくりと here. I think the idea being conveyed is someone/something dying the previous month right, but what is ぽくりと. It is not referring to 木履 I imagine right? Unless this is some sort of idiom?

>ぽくり
it's contracted ぽっくりと
>人が突然に死ぬさま。「あの若さで―(と)いくとは」

>the German user removed lust again

>At least you need
*You could at least

>not sure if "target language" sounds natural

sakura-paris.org/dict/明鏡国語辞典/prefix/ぽっくり
>ぽっくり
> 人が突然に死ぬさま。
「苦しまずに━死にたいものだ」

Attached: 1647106390537.webm (640x800, 2.93M)

idk what it is but when i see dumb korean bitches acting like this it makes me want to edson barboza spinning heel kick them in their plastic faces

>*You could at least
Or just "At least"

>idk what it is
inceldom

>idk what it is
high t

あそうですか。邪魔にしてごめんね。説明してありがとうございます。

嬉しさも 匂ひも袖に あまりけり
我が為折れる 梅の初花

>place*'s* name
I see, thanks for the correction.
I thought "place name" was correct because I found the following article when I looked up the English equivalent of 地名.

>placename (plural placenames)
>1. The name of a place; a word or phrase which indicates a particular location or region.
>en.wiktionary.org/wiki/placename

>Alternative forms
>place-name
>place name

Attached: 1646856988795.png (1280x720, 769.36K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WDH_nJM3djc

Attached: 1627700295643.png (200x356, 120.96K)

bampu

わぼく

Sorry I feel bad asking another question, but seems people want to bump anyways.
"この販売機だけでは、五百円玉が使えない。"
Which of the following does this mean?
"This vending machine is not the only one [in existence] where you can't use a 500yen coin." (implying there's more places/situations the coin can't be used.)
or
"This vending machine is the only one [out of a few at least, presumably] where you can't use a 500 yen coin [the others, you can use the coin!]"
Or is there not enough context to tell which of the two? Could it possibly mean both?

>"This vending machine is the only one [out of a few at least, presumably] where you can't use a 500 yen coin [the others, you can use the coin!]"
これらしい。

At least, this is how i would interpret it.
But it could mean either depending on the wider context.

I was misunderstood by other anons because my original correction was ambiguous, so I'll make it clear this time:
>many Japanese would know how to read it since it's a famous place name.
this is correct and is what you foubd in the article.
>I've never seen any word including 宕 except for this place name.
here you need 's, because you are speaking of the name of *that particular place*

But this is a minor nitpick (I wasn't even sure in the beginning desu), your english is generally perfectly understandable

replace "desu" with "to be honest"

Yeah that's what I thought as well. The only reason I thought it could be different was if said coin was actually an older issue or something. Like the American dollar coin that there's probably a handful of machines in each state that could take.

why the fuck did they have to make the new GITS shows that hideous cgi garbage. if they did literally any 2d art style it would have been better. i cant even watch this hideous shit.

>I've never seen any word including 宕 except for this place name.
>I've never seen any word including 宕 except for this place's name.
actually, they might be both correct with slightly different meaning. Maybe the second is more natural but I don't know for sure. Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Netflix, yo.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2021_10_26_at_7.22.32_PM.jpg (1200x601, 183.07K)

For me, its the lack of wider context and no additional words.

If it were "this is the only one that exists with which you cannot use the coin to operate" 存在の中 or something similar would've popped out.

Why don't you like CGI user? Everyone knows CGI always makes everything look better.

Attached: best cgi.jpg (1400x1050, 381.89K)

i will never understand their obsession with shitty cg shows. the production costs must be tiny relative to regular 2d, can't explain it otherwise
its crazy that houseki no kuni came out like 5 years ago and yet it seems like the quality of its cg didn't rub off on anybody in the industry lol