British English has the best possible spelling system and I'm tired of pretending otherwise

British English has the best possible spelling system and I'm tired of pretending otherwise

Attached: S3a6Jg18TTicKFR1zLWW.png (600x400, 207.71K)

Basiert

spelling shouldn’t have ever been changed if they weren’t going to go all the way so I agree but I’m too used to american

Wäät abööot Finnnööösss spellöng?

It's so counterintuitive. There's no use for the u in "colour", the first "o" in "oestrogen", the gh in "plough", the "me" in "programme", etc.

keeps us closer to our french roots
the endless burger obsession with simplicity and rationality is the absolute antithesis of SOVL and culture

There's no use for half the letters in English words, but it adds style and keeps a connection with the past.

fuck off 'z' nigger. I am so sick of my search engine correcting me

Your entire spelling is based on being derivative from the root words. Your half assed attempt at changing that is just the worst of both worlds

This

Fák yú, wí wil simplifai dhe speling íven mór.

American spelling is objectively superior by all metrics.

Colour is pronounced more like "culluh" anyway. At least it is in England.

And in yankland it's probably pronounced like "culler", I think

It sounds nice when I’m watching british youtubers but if I’ve seen someone speaking like that on the regular I’d probably kick them in the face.

you are voldemort and I am harry potter and /brit/ is dumbledore's army...

It doesn't rhyme with our.

this is probably bait but the real reason to preserve spelling is so etymologically it makes sense

like changing defence to s removes the connection to fence

Wí wil ceinj auer speling egen tú fyrdher distens auerselvz from Briten.

But "defense" is the Latin spelling.

>NO YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE SPELLING OF ALL OF THESE WORDS BECAUSE... YOU JUST DO OKAY???

yes but fence is derived from defence

Then it's fence whose spelling needs to be fixed.

American's probably have better pronunciation than us. I never recovered from that 'CHEWSDAY' image

Attached: 234.png (545x530, 234.3K)

fuck off you're probably the kind of poorthern runt that actually says chewsday and bri'ish

Difens*, dheer, ai fikst wot woz rong with dhe speling. Ól wil yúz mai beist sistem in taim.

>I am so sick of my search engine correcting me
Fuck of grandpa, languages evolve

>American’s
>n’s
>thread about spelling/grammar
esl or FOY

that’s what I mean all of the changes were random and inconsistent

The British pronunciation is a product of yod coalescence, the American pronunciation is a product of yod dropping. Both come from "Tyoozday" (I can't type IPA right now).