Do some of you ESLs really spend so much time online and consume so much English language literature and media that...

Do some of you ESLs really spend so much time online and consume so much English language literature and media that you're more fluent in English than you are your own native language?

Attached: 1620068581398.jpg (1098x1006, 333.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_xkibJi8u1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100% of thirdies on Any Forums live in mansions, have maids, and went to elite private schools (which is why they speak English better than their native languages).

I spend so much time on the internet
But no

I was born half-american

Attached: 1641224893808.png (228x250, 66.17K)

I’m not fluent in any language

Yes

I was born in America so I can't read Chinese

of course not, english is just a piss easy language to learn

Want to see how much level of fortune has the old colonial brazilian oligarch? See this channel...

youtu.be/_xkibJi8u1E

>100% of thirdies on Any Forums live in mansions, have maids, and went to elite private schools (which is why they speak English better than their native languages).
Just because we're thirdies does not mean we're actually living in Subsaharan Africa squalor.

For real though the Brazilians and Indians here are actually millionaire children, not SEA folks like us.

>mfw realizing even my internal thoughts is in English
Ancestors.... I have failed you.

Attached: 347449_sad-pepe-png.png (2801x2121, 218.36K)

I make a serious effort to expand my english vocab as much as possible so I can consume the best anglo literature and the best english translations. I have nothing to gain by becoming more fluent in the mongrelized version of greek that we speak today.
I read a very limited amount of works in greek.

Peepeepopolos… Not like this…

>that you're more fluent in English than you are your own native language?
No but I speak French like a retard. It's not a matter of losing the vocabulary, I don't, but rather that because I mostly express myself in English and hardly talk to people IRL, I get confused when I try to say something and usually try to construct a sentence with almost an English structure in mind. So I use sentences that don't really make sense in French because they are straight up modelled from English sentences. It's especially confusing with French because English uses many French words that are either not used anymore, are not used in the same context or mean something else.

a better way to look at it is that the thirdy description really only refers to the public infrastructure, and really has nothing on one's personal living quarters
when you're rich, you're rich

Bro... Even the SEA guys here probably live at least a middle class or upper middle class lifestyle if they can afford to shitpost semi-regularly and has a somewhat decent English.

I'm still better at Italian but it's true that I often think in English at this point.
The fact that English is the language of academics doesn't help.

I use English more than my native language in my life but I still prefer to hear and speak my own language because it's a superior language. More nuanced and better at delivering emotions. English is soulless.

>consume so much English language literature and media
>literature
Never read anything expect 4channel and computer manuals.
>media
Have serious troubles understanding spoken language, always need subtitles.
And you don't *need* english anywhere in the real world Finland.

Well I sometimes have a hard time expressing certain things in Finnish which is only natural when you have mostly heard the expression in English and understand the meaning.

But otherwise not really. I have a perfect grammar in Finnish unlike English. It's literally unimaginable for me to make a grammatical mistake in my mother tongue.

I scored the best grade in high school Finnish so I'm way above average on it.

I don't. I stutter so much when I speak in any language even my mother tongue tho.

yeah and turkish has Ö

Attached: Ö-statue Komi republic.jpg (1200x797, 386.38K)

No, but I've met people who have clear difficulties to find the right words when they speak Finnish because they've consumed so much English media and especially English IT-jargon. I find it actually quite funny as they usually can't speak/write English either. They'll write words like "basicly" when messaging someone, they'll constantly say poorly translated Finnish idioms when speaking etc.
I hate the unnecessary mixing of Finnish and English, it makes sentences harder to read and the person speaking look retarded. I once said politely to a person mixing these two languages that his text would be easier to read if he would refrain from using Anglicisms. His response was: "oh no, some people speak more than one language, live with it". I speak three languages.

Attached: ABkkOJx.png (430x721, 32.98K)

Sure
It is THE international language after all
a consequence of this wide adaption meant that to me english doesn't feel like it belongs to any country, unlike say japanese or chinese belonging to us and chinese belonging to them

if you asked me what is the defining language of the US, I'd say it's ebonics or something

>"oh no, some people speak more than one language, live with it".
Yuppies are so goddamn annoying with their pseudo-intellectualism. We have the exact same phenomenon here in Istanbul (it's called "plaza dili"). These are the very pretentious gaping mouth soyjaks and vapid roasties we love to humiliate on Any Forums. They can't even speak one language as it's meant to be spoken, so they deflect criticism against their retarded mongrelization of languages as if it's a sign of linguistic competence.