Food Prices

Has food prices increased significantly in your country this year?

>Milk - $3 for 4L to $5 for 4L
>Bag of chips - $1 to $1.50
>1kg of ground beef - $8 to $12

How about you?

Attached: china_to_blame_for_rising_food_prices.png (570x540, 199.63K)

yeah, pretty much by 50% across the board. inflation is much higher than claimed.

Food prices rose by 0.6% last year in France, overall inflation 3.6% (mostly energy)

I've only noticed chicken raising significantly, maybe 5%.
Bread, fruits, fish, cheese stayed the same

I hope milk and dairy tripples

Like fucking crazy. Both groceries and restaurants.

Don't you have Carrefour in Poland? they kept the same prices (except chicken meat and luxury alcohol)

No. Most of our food is locally produced.

same most food that's made here which is a lot is staying the same but imported stuff is rising

If Carrefour had kept the old prices, they'd be the cheapest store in the country. It doesn't work like that.
Chicken is up 30%, beef 20%, oil 25%, dairy 18%, bread 14%. That's official government stats with their creative top secret measuring methods that aim for a low read. Inflation is massive in Poland right now.

>>Milk - $3 for 4L to $5 for 4L
>>Bag of chips - $1 to $1.50
kg of ground beef - $8 to $12

>I suffer in canada

but yes, bread increased almost 50% in price in 5 years and other food is becoming more and more expensive
bag of chips that I always buy are not 2,20 instaed of 2

Phew. Well I guess they have different policies from one country to another then. Probably most of what they sell in made in the same country.

>Chicken is up 30%
Yeah, here it was the only exception. Easily +5%.

>Inflation is massive in Poland right now.
Buy stocks, euros, gold or all three.

I can't imagine milk being more expensive in Germany.

>bread increased almost 50% in price in 5 years
wow

A baguette has been 1€ at my bakery for at least 15 years now.

No, they increased the price at Carrefour. Even Sushi Daily in carrefour stores. 6 California Maki salmon were 4,80 euros 2 weeks ago, now it's 5,40 euros. The fuck

But it's normal anyways. In case you don't know, war in Ukraine causes energy inflation. So all the food chains are impacted by this. Food don't magically grow in stores, you need to import and it need fuel

>Buy stocks, euros, gold or all three.
I do already and have been for years, but it's really not a good time to safely get into any of these right now. It's all a gamble. The Polish stock market is a notorious underperformer and blue chips just straight up don't exist, the PLN is at record lows not seen in over 20 years and then there's gold hitting ATH.
It's all a result of long lasting terrible budget policy and rampant spending on vote-buying welfare programs, coof-related issues like helicopter money and global resource prices, having an absolute clown as the head of the central bank and now the fucking war in Ukraine to boot. It was bad already but for now we're also considered part of the high risk Eastern Euro Russian interests zone and it's absolutely murdering the currency.

Maybe the small city ones then (which perhaps are independently ones)
But the hypers haven't changed, at least if you buy in bulk (like 12 chocolate tablets at once with 6 extra for free), and collect at their "drive" pickup point on either a tuesday or thursday (because then you get -15€ for at least 120€ purchased, lately).

I spent 2300€ on food last year (source: my computer, from digital Carrefour bills), largely the same as 2020. Exception being chicken meat.

Note that I stockpile stuff when it's very cheap. Sometimes I buy 50 cans of tuna at once (enough for a year), for example. I always have months of food in advance, which might come in handy who knows. And I can absorb temporary price surges. I don't care how expensive Cassoulet will be that year for instance, since I easily have one year's supply of Cassoulet.

Invest in French stocks then. They're well suited to fearful investors (like myself). In the current situation, many are ridiculously cheap. Same thing happened during Covid early, the market collapsed and it was only a matter of picking stock of excellent companies at bargain prices.

>currency
which is why I advised buying some €

Sure, you can invest in a foreign market, but keep in mind you're buying those euros at a point where they're at their most expensive in decades. If the central bank gets off its ass and starts intervening / ups the pace of interest rates increase, you might get fucked over.

haven't really noticed it yet, probably soon will be. only thing i noticed is that my local bakery has already risen the price up for bread. a bread cost 0,20€ more already. paid last year for one bread so around 2,80€ now cost more than 3€ and price will probably go more up.

Meat is about to drop dramatically in price because of sanctions against Russia

Yes. Just the other day I had to fill up the gas tank on the way to the grocery store. I cried a little. Also my rent went up by 350 dollars.

>more than 3€
How big is it? here for 3€ you have 3 baguettes, and since some bakers have a permanent "buy 3 at once get one for free" offer, probably even 4.