ESLs, how well do people in your countries speak English?

ESLs, how well do people in your countries speak English?

Attached: 9m35jebdyxc31.png (6300x2721, 1.59M)

>France
>40-60%
Doubt

Quite bad, even among young people.

Its a core school subject in Korea, but the focus is memorizing weird grammar rules that native speakers would never use in order to do well on the college admission test, so most people can't really speak it.

>80-100%
Bit high for us, don't you think?

People here suck at speaking English and they will often be caught off guard if someone starts a conversation with them in English, I don't think we're as good at English as studies show.

Also, what counts as an English speaker for this? Is this only fluent English speakers?
If its based on knowing enough English to hold a basic conversation, I imagine the entire world would be a good bit higher.
I have a hard time believing that Egypt and Pakistan have better English than South Africa. Its literally their primary language.

Yeah, I doubt this
Maybe zoomers since they're so americanized but not people older than 20

100% all day everyday
we just pretend to speak spanish with a silly accent when on camera or with tourists to fool foreigners

There isn’t really anyone under 30 in Europe who doesn’t speak fluent English.

Thanks Tiktok

portugal might be 100%

Kek shut the fuck up you clown, like 10% of your population can't talk a proper english and 5% more have the most broken atrocious english.

in a corporate environment it would be as offensive to even ask people if they speak English as it would be to ask if they can read or do math

They speak it like apes. They can only hold some very basic conversations.

The only nation with close to 100% would be Nederlands, Portugal is not even 20% and i have been there a lot

>can’t talk a proper english
how ESLs manage to spout tripe like this while having accents worse than any northern shithole is beyond reasoning

Mostly decent, way better than French and Italians. Old people didn't learn it, though.

Depends. Cities have more English speakers than rural areas, and zoomers are much more likely to be fluent in English than older generations. Social media and games contribute to improving language skills

we are doing ok in this regard desu

yep same

test

Should be dark green desu but if the map is for fluency it should be the lightest green.

English may be our second language but we're not that fluent even for those who have a bachelor's degree.

In towns and cities there are no shortage of fluent English speakers, in rural areas you're pretty much fucked since they're guaranteed to only speak in some regional gobbledygook that even most of us will never understand.

Even the lowest IQ person here will know a few dozen English words and can piece together a couple of broken phrases.