How did Japan became the greatest country in Asia ?

How did Japan became the greatest country in Asia ?

Attached: japon.png (225x150, 1.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KpwYsWeJbKc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Delete. Stop talking about us.

A culture that valued honour over cheating and lying.

twerking
youtube.com/watch?v=KpwYsWeJbKc

we are not the greatest

Attached: 136-1363919_fat-wojak-hd-png-download.jpg (288x280, 43.18K)

Non meme answer: by being the first to copuly european science/technology.

Nationalism

Japan is not a society based on honour. It is a society based on shame. Big difference.

Attached: Jap degenerate canibal.jpg (652x652, 276.26K)

Westernised immediately. Zaibatsu's. Became a coloniser.

Seriously about half a unit I did at uni was about the Westernisation of Japan and there has never been anything like it in history. Simply unbelievable.

The more pressing question is why China is underachieving?

Did you learn about other countries at the time why couldn't Europe's various colonies do it. Europe was selling technology to everyone in the world like they did to Japan

My man white Japan

Egypt almost did. The English turned it into a cotton producing powerhouse as well as having the suez canal. It lined up very well with the American civil war and so for a time there was a massive market for cotton because none was coming from America. Then the civil war ended and it all fell apart. Something about corrupt elites I think but I don't really remember.

Other than that the answer is pretty simple, Japan wasn't under foreign rule. Siam is the only other country that was comparable but there was no real national racial identity or frankly the will to colonise or industrialise even though the culture Westernised a fair bit.

The answer is also centralisation into an almost omnipotent government and integration of existing elites into the Zaibatsu's. Mitsubishi and Honda spring to mind.

There's also a certain Japanese mindset that they are the best at everything. Its hardly scientific but it would seem to spur them to excel. Honestly there's a lot of content, its worth looking into. Japanese high society holding European dances in European clothing very early on in the piece give you an idea of how thoroughly they Westernised.

Just to sum it up as succinctly as possible, Centralisation, Zaibatsu's and rapid industrialisation.

My man white Bangladesh

American money

I didn't know Egypt was close to reaching that level ill look it up.

>Other than that the answer is pretty simple, Japan wasn't under foreign rule

I wondered why India and China or even the middle east specifically never reached that level at the time when they had great civilizations in their history. This makes sense constant warring with Europeans countries for resources and foreign forces on their soil.

>There's also a certain Japanese mindset that they are the best at everything Its hardly scientific but it would seem to spur them to excel

Europeans I feel had a very similar mindset. Something about this mindset just gets the best out of humans.

Thanks for the write up I appreciate it lots of new angles im looking at

>I wondered why India and China or even the middle east specifically never reached that level at the time
Forign Governments intentionally repressing their countries and economically exploiting the shit out of anything they could have used to modernise. Don't get it wrong though, India basically did. China was conquered mainly by Indian sepoy troops and Bangladesh was industrialised into a clothes producing powerhouse so much that it put a lot of weaving mills and whatnot in England out of business. So India was far ahead of Japan which was feudal at the time but it was under British rule.

>Europeans I feel had a very similar mindset.
Its more complex than that. A huge technological advantage, Enlightenment values which were viewed as superior. Seeing other cultures as savages and heathens. That sort of thing, you know. Modern civilisation is basically formed by the interplay of French and English social theories at the time. And certainly Pax Britannia fuelled the expansion outside Europe

The British political system and constitutional monarchy and the French revolution were legitimately the perfect storm for humanity. But that's 600 years of English political history, more if you go all the way back to the Magna Carta.

India and China had been under constant barbarian invasions for hundreds of years, while Europe was already done with the crusades a few centuries earlier.

Blame the Tippoo Sultan. We just wanted to trade

Attached: 919551_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 242.04K)

They try to keep old dream.
>Muh center Kingdom of everything
It make them blind and arrogant