Is the Anglosphere weird in regards to family life?

Watching this movie and exposing myself to how Hispanic family dynamics function was culturally shocking experience.
Like you guys grow up knowing your cousins? You give heed to your family's elders instead of just dumping them in a nursing home at the first chance?
That's so weird. We don't do that here. It makes my culture's understanding of family feel very frigid and impersonal.

Attached: p_encanto_homeent_22359_4892ae1c.jpg (540x810, 232.88K)

Never realized that Hispanics talk to their extended family multiple times a year until my latina gf watched this with me

Yes, they kicked out their children at 18, and then act surprised when their children rarely call them, and are put in an elderly home when they are unable to care for themselves.

They reap what they sow.

I have 3 cousins. I haven't talked to any of them in many years, but to be fair I am about 15 years older than them. My grandparents are dead so obviously I can't talk to them.

To be fair user, their mirabel would've had killed the grandma if the house didn't depended on her lifeforce

White Mirabel would have left the encanto and shacked up with a black 30 year old rapper.

the grandma put mirable and the others under so much stress that broke them down physically, mentally, and emotionally. She's nursing home tier

It is very obvious that White women enjoy this movie because they like the concept of extended family
However we lost this concept to logistics, we abandoned it for economics. Corporations as providers cannot accommodate this structure. There is no hope of returning to it

White Mirabel would invite the people who killed her grandpa back into the village, and once every single member of her family is captured, then she'll have an orgy with all of them. How would the grandma react to such scenario?

My parents never made the effort to introduce me to my uncles/aunts and extended family. Now I'm an adult and don't see the point to contact people that are total strangers to me.

Yes, I have +20 cousins, when I was a child we played all together in the grandma house (rural area). Catholic culture is more based on family ties and less impersonal

I'm angIo. I see my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents every week or two at least. My grandma will never go in a nursing home. This is all commonplace here. Is this a troll or do you guys actually live like this?

I’m a protestant anglo american that still regularly interacts with my cousins on both sides of the family, I also was largely raised by my grandmother who lived a few houses down

Attached: 21378C00-0027-497F-8513-A5BA23F54851.jpg (241x209, 7.44K)

Leave Japan now

I’m about to graduate and I will

I didn't need Encanto for that, the fact that Amerianglos are psyopped into thinking Nuclear Familes = Normal is freakish alread.

And I have 24 and still living with my parents, because it's expected that I must to take care of them (I'm the youngest of my direct family) and the house when they die. There's no concept of "get out of here at 18 yo, find a job fast"

youngest gets the house in Chile?

there is always drama in a family. But the grandma literally raised them all, provided them shelter, was a founder of the village, and even allowed her son-in-laws to live in the house.

She might be strict, and a little bit of a bitch, but she is family oriented, and deserves to be taken care of, like she did everyone.

You had a good family. Good on you but is not exactly the commonplace. There are lots people who had children but were unfit to be parents
t.child of unfit parents

Overworking her children and grandchildren, arranging marriages, and ignoring her normal grandchild is inexcusable behavior. Even the "mother" from tangled showed more affection than her

Good luck escaping cyberpunk dystopia and returning to corporate dystopia

going to work from home in my parent’s place for a year or two before my house nearby is finished
it’s near a college town with a bunch of weird hipster shops and restaurants that are pretty good

Yup, but mine kinda died down and pales compared to when I was a kid. It's a bit sad to watch honestly.
I don't think I will continue that tradition with my siblings if I ever get a family since we are generally reclusive towards one another and woudn't have much to discuss about. I'd want for my children to have that kind of dynamic though. Those were pretty wholesome memories.

Attached: 1647049334737.png (312x312, 85.66K)

Lot of us are spread out across the country or allover the world.

The mother from tangled only had one person to care for.
abuela has the whole family. You can't be so selfish to expect to get all the attention in the family.

half the movie takes place during the kid's party, so obviously maribel is not going to be a priority for abuela.

As for arranged marriages. This isn't really done by latin americans, so I don't know why they added that.
But the dude was the only handsome guy from a decent family in the village, so it was honestly the best isa was going to get.
She fucked up.

That's what happens when you end up in a macho/somewhat macho culture. You end up getting twisted by it and doing power plays to secure what power you can scrap together.

>are put in an elderly home when they are unable to care for themselves.
Fuck off. Many people need specialized care so they go to these homes. not to mention many grandparents still want to be independent or have their own space even if nearby.

No
That user is gonna have a bad time if he thinks his siblings won't want the house

What kinda of weirdo family did you grow up in

>still want to be independent or have their own space even if nearby.
and you are independent and have any privacy in a nursing home?
No, you are surrounded by strangers, and are drugged out of their mind, because its easier for staff.

>specialized care
Sure, but those are unusual. Most elderly live in nursing home because their kids will never give them a place, and is the next best option. They deplete their meager SS checks to afford staying in these soul crushing places.

imaging spending the last days of your life rotting away in a nursing home, instead of staying with your flesh an blood, helping raise the next generation, and giving your values to your grandchildren.