Why are Japs so tacky?

For a country that cares so much about what others think, Japanese people have the trashiest houses that don't have any taste or maintenance. There are often old shitty houses that ruin the entire neighborhood that could be easily fixed with DIY maintenance work. But I never Japanese people fixing up thier houses or painting it like Americans would. What is wrong with them? Japan should have zoning regulations like America where a certain appearance of a house must be kept.

Attached: 69b3469556490bb4ba7f6ef3ff7a3bde.jpg (600x800, 93.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waow

Soul

Looks comfy.

why don't you ask them yourself pvt gomez?

You will never get Showa aesthetics Davido-kun

That doesn't represent Japanese architecture and housing at all, pvt

I was wondering about this as well; was looking up what luxury homes in Japan looked like and they don't seem to care about maintaining or updating the exteriors at all

Pic related is a 21 million dollar home in Tokyo

Attached: imagereader.jpg (1200x800, 281.74K)

It's because Japan is one of the only countries in the world where housing depreciates in valua rather than appreciating.
Thus unlike in the west there is no financial incentive to renovating your house etc, as no matter how much you improve the building, it's age will mean you cannot profit off of any work done.

Buying a house in japan isn't the huge boon that we get. Hell got my mortgage a few month ago and feel like life's basically set now.

Depending on the context, it is somewhat consistent with the aesthetic concept of wabi-sabi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi

I mean, you could at least make it look nice while you live in it.
Japanese people be like:
>let me have this brand new house for 20 years and after that live in a dilapidated house until I die, then it's torn for down

I'm Korean-canadian Im gonna live in Hokkaido forever no I'm not coming with a visa. I will stay forever. I gonna live a shithole Hokkaido village and become a fisherman.

Attached: 1200px-Flag_map_of_Hokkaido_Prefecture.svg (1).png (1200x975, 83.85K)

ywnbaj

Pure SOVL

I grew up in a similar house, my parents are always ashamed of it and tried their best so we have different house with modern architecture now.
My childhood house got bulldozed,
But my happiest memories belong to it, and I always have dream about playing with my grandma and mother in that kind of rugged house.

>There are often old shitty houses that ruin the entire neighborhood

Japan has a deflationary economy, in general houses are depreceating assets that are losing value over time.

>Japan should have zoning regulations like America where a certain appearance of a house must be kept
So much for freedumb

vgh...

The taller the shack, the better the crack

Like property with a torn-down house is straight-up more valuable than without one.

probably because they don't have the money or the time to fix it

Nothing wrong with being poor and inbred.

American zoning is literally the worst thing in the world. Don't talk shit about someone's house as long as they're following safety regulations you dumb bitch. I want to strangle the neighbors when they tell me to mow the lawn or they will call the home owners association, and some day I will. Going to fill my lawn with gravel so I don't need to deal with that shit.