Green Energy

How big/important is green energy in your country?

>Canada
>my province is 70% hydro energy

How about you?

Attached: US_free_energy_bad.png (575x590, 138.94K)

I hate americans so much it's unreal

>missing the point

If the price goes negative
Why bother building a solar plant?

I want to build a nuclear plant since it is the purest form of energy (just like the Sun).

Green energy mostly means windmills or solar panels

you're my favourite poster canadanon
you embody the soul and spirit of positive bait

Attached: Danger-In-Too-Many-People-Having-Jobs-Argues-Employers-Group-Newsroom.png (784x653, 46.11K)

#metoo

Please me bait

100%

Around 40% of electricity in this country comes from renwavles, mainly wind. But much less if you take into account total energy consumption.
Also solar is fucking skyrocketing. With the curre t energy prices it's so profitable, brand new gigantic solar farms will break even after barely 2 or 3 years and the total power output of new authorized solar/wind installations surpass the total current size of our power grid. Pretty crazy.

Attached: Aleasoft-07-agosto-1int.jpg (1007x596, 47.39K)

You're pretty based yourself.

when i grow up i want to be a master baiter just like you guys!

nah just stick to be a contrarian kiddie who isn't brave enought to venture beyond Any Forums anonymity :)

Somewhat important and becoming moreso, but nowhere NEAR 70%. If your province is typical I wonder why Canada is so much worse in terms of emissions.

Attached: EIA_renewables2020.jpg (601x327, 36.04K)

"negative price" means that a private home owner installed solar panels on their roof, and the local electricity company pays them for putting more electricity into the system. It's a major incentive for people who buy solar panels. The idea is that you buy the panels for about $15K (after government incentives and rebates cut the cost down a lot); then, after having the panels for 10ish years, you'll have paid for the cost of the panels with income from the power company as well as not paying electric bills for 10 years. Any income after that is pure profit (until the panels break down and need to be trashed).

Even with the government making them artificially cheaper; it's not a very good investment. You'd have been much better off buying $15K worth of basic-bitch index funds or mutual funds 10 years ago; rather than solar panels.

Every now and again I hear that some small towns are wealthy due to having wind turbines on their territory.

The government virtue signals with its 2035 carbon neutrality goal. The German energiewende of course included "nuclear power... le bad" but other than that I'm thinking this could be our recreation of it and contribute to driving industry out of this cunt

>US is 20% coal

woah

>You'd have been much better off buying $15K worth of basic-bitch index funds or mutual funds 10 years ago; rather than solar panels.
True. But I absolutely need electricity to run all my shit so I might as well go with the option that nets me some profit rather than eating the costs.

And dropping sharply needless to say. This causes seethe because there are no shortages of Americans who think "muh jobs" is how we should approach technological advancement. I have sympathy for coal miners and what have you but thats life.

Canada has ~half our coal usage but yet still has higher emissions though, which is interesting. Renewables aren't everything I suppose.

Attached: electric power.png (617x577, 37.82K)

Despite people making fun of Trump to saying "clean coal", you can actually make coal "cleaner". I'm sure the US has more supercritical coal plants than Canada has, hence lower emissions despite more coal usage.

Attached: cap_china_coal_fleets.jpg (1200x715, 325.5K)

new clear

Afaik solar panels and stock markets are exposed to different risks altogether which could be compelling to those wishing to diversify