What is television like in small countries like Denmark, Iceland, Croatia, etc...

What is television like in small countries like Denmark, Iceland, Croatia, etc.? Can they only watch TV channels from their country or do they also have access to the channels of neighboring countries or American/English TV? It seems like the offer would be too small if they could only watch TV from their own country.

Attached: tvShutterstock.jpg (498x331, 25.06K)

we can watch not decoded kazakh channels, before digital tvs too, when they were introducing digital tv, they said all channels will decoded, and we have to buy a decoder, but they haven't done it yet

Attached: dvb-t2-hd-kommt-was-fernsehzuschauer-jetzt-wissen-muessen-.jpg (1704x1278, 218.76K)

I think Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark and Belgium get BBC, maybe Iceland too

digital tv standards

Attached: DVB-T_DVBT2_Worldwide.jpg (1000x500, 61.76K)

When I was a kid, we had nine channels. Three were state TV, three were main commercial Slovene stations, one was a local television and the other two were RAI (Italian TV) and HRT (Croatian TV). My grandparents had a satellite dish so I'd watch German channels there.
Now, everyone obviously has hundreds of channels from all over the world. What, does Spain only reach Portuguese and French stations?

very interesting
>Now, everyone obviously has hundreds of channels from all over the world. What, does Spain only reach Portuguese and French stations?
well I mean, normal linear TV just shows Spanish channels and maybe MTV or some shit like that, but I don't think we have access to Portuguese or French TV

everyone here has access to some taxpaid channels, they are mostly danish with a few subtitled shows during non-primetime hours
there's also commercial danish channels, a lot of these have danish versions of foreign shows, the great british bakeoff (i think was copied), trashy reality shows, etc.
then we've got dubbed channels, these are largely childrens tv channels, but there is a very small handful dubbed adult shows as well
then there's channels that are mostly english speaking shows with danish subtitles but also include a few danish version of the shows (reality tv)
and then we have the last category which is mostly german TV stations, but also some other scandi stations, that are shoved into the back of tv packs, these don't have subtitles for the most part, but they aren't really the 'main attraction' of any tv packs
and i can't say i've ever seen anyone watching the BBC , but it might exist somewhere?

90s kids from the Balkans all grew up on German TV and many have surprising German proficiency because of that. It's pretty funny. But zoomers grew up with English-language streaming.

all of europe gets BBC

I could probably watch chinese tv if buy a chinese digital tv and go close to the border

The BBC is a world service it's available as a satellite channel

Scandis speak really good english because all tv-shows and movies are just subbed but not dubbed.

No, we don't
but do they get American/English channels or their locals channels just show anglo media?
I never understood this strong relationship between the Balkans and Germany, they are very far away from each other, am I missing something?

>I never understood this strong relationship between the Balkans and Germany,

German kings and counts ruled over half the Balkans for centuries.

>but do they get American/English channels or their locals channels just show anglo media?
I have 250 HD channels included in my internet package. Everything from the movie channels to Discovery and every single nordic channel available.

ohh ok, I'm a historylet. Do you think heutzutage you could visit a random country in the Balkans, speak in German to the locals and make yourself understood?
wtf, that's a lot. I feel like you guys are talking about a next-level TV technology that I don't have in my home, bc I only get Spanish channels.

>he watches jew propaganda willingly.

>next-level TV technology
Nah just a tv/digital box. Had it for over 10 years.

Croatia is basically Austria's and Germany's Eastern Mallorca. Slovenia is an unofficial state of Austria basically. Among others Serbians and Bosnians have family in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Some educated people learn German.

So yes, in certain areas it's not too uncommon.

We only had the local faroese channel when i grew up.

>same cartoons for the kids 30 years running
>news 4 days a week
>game show on friday
>every couple of weeks a documentary.
What more do you need?

Attached: CgzM5nXW0AE5fCv.jpg (440x330, 21.25K)

rare and based