If you ain't got no language I feel bad for ya, son

If you ain't got no language I feel bad for ya, son,
I got 99 problems but being Northern English ain't one.

Attached: blue_scotland_1.png (938x1280, 170.89K)

Feels nothing like England though

It's just the north of England taken to extremes - even colder, even craggier and barer, with even more neds, and an even funnier accent. That's all there is. There's no country up there, it's just Newcastle DLC.

>Newcastle DLC
kek

Scotland the Brave has a thousand times more claim to nationhood than your austrocroatian village

I have a language but no country

aint got no
>a double negative

lad you've done them there
I wonder how the SNP recovers from this revelation

>the first manuscript in Slovene dates back to the early 11th century
>meanwhile, Scotland has no manuscripts in its language because it has none

and neither do you, you afrospanish coca leaf plantation.

Isn’t scots a language thoughever

...as is common in vernacular American English, especially of the southern & black varieties. Du autijstennegger.

>he doesn't remember the Scots wiki scandal

based
we should have wiped out that shithole when we had the chance

Scots is not easily distinguishable to the outsider from Northumbrian and Cumbrian dialects. The anger provoked by pointing this out to either party is also similar.

qrd?

>non-nationer defending other non-nationers
Pathetic

I don’t really know much about Scottish history, how did it happen that Scotland started speaking a germanic language instead of whatever the picts spoke? Did the anglo saxons get into Scotland too?

Some American autist in his 20s basically wrote the entire Scots wiki in what he considered to be Scots (but which was really just English with a quasi-Scottish spelling of his own design). And no one noticed until Any Forums users brought the matter to light by contacting Scottish academics iirc.

It takes maybe two minutes of listening to scots to understand it, even by more legitimate speakers than the wikipedia autist. You just listen for a minute and realize ken means know and lied means language then you can understand it fully

they came to us hat in hand

I’m kind of curious, as a slavic speaker, how does the difference between english and scots compare to the differences between certain slavic languages

Attached: 1619981076229.jpg (1242x1865, 318.94K)

The picts spoke a brythonic language like welsh, then Irish colonists Gaelicised the picts in the highlands and western isles. "Scots" came into the lowlands the same way English came to England.

I feel that Slovene and its sister language of Serbocroatian are further apart than Scots and English because there are differences in declension, accent and vowel sounds, apart from merely the vocabulary. Maybe Czech and Slovak would fit the bill but I can't be sure.

>differences between certain slavic languages
It's like standard Slovene vs one of the Carniolan dialects

>then Irish colonists
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHQAHASHAHASHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AAHAHAHAHA
IRISH COLONISTS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
please
please
fuck off

Attached: 1633449566986.jpg (1902x1428, 325.39K)

im english lad, you know the guys that literally colonised your country

Lmao fucking why
Was he just trolling or did he actually think he knew scots?
Are there any screencaps of his tweets or whatever I can’t find his account

>scots
>language

Attached: 2889185B-EE49-42DA-BFDD-2DC2817C89F3.jpg (640x788, 264.09K)

Scotland
We are picts
Pictish, Scottish gaelic, is our language

this is his fursona by the way

Attached: 199AA781-D349-4631-8B28-67A93C26276B.jpg (1024x768, 69.25K)

asf is here

English was brought to scots after duncan conquered Scotland with an English army then david secured it with his norman lords and by 1400 half spoke it and by 1600 75% spoke English