An American online friend of mine is visiting Europe for the first time right now...

An American online friend of mine is visiting Europe for the first time right now. A few hours after his plane landed he complained to me about not finding a single water fountain and having to buy bottled water. Is this a thing in America? Do they have water fountains everywhere? And people just drink from them? I don't think I have ever seen one in my life.

Attached: apu the wizard.jpg (474x524, 19.83K)

Saw a few in Rome but they looked old so figured water would be bad. Water from store is pretty yummi dunno the problem if you are abroad anyway its not good to drink the tap water because not used to the bacteria flora

Yes water fountains are common at any public area

They're in every grocery store, public restroom, park, and usually also in highly trafficked areas.

why?
are you people below dogs?

Attached: 1646783778861.jpg (1280x1280, 314.73K)

There's a water fountain in the local park. It's good drinking water, mostly used by tourists and the local drunks and potheads.

I heard from foreigners that they can't drink their own tap water. wtf is up with that?

>buying bottled water
lolwut
if you're going to spend money on a drink, buy a cool beer, or at least a soda or something

Attached: 1537232016898.jpg (250x239, 39.85K)

Why are Belgians not fat?

Clean drinking water separates firsties from thirdies

Why? Water is better for you.

bottled sparkling water with fruit taste is sometimes better than soda.

its also better for you to log off int and do 40 pushups

Just fill up a bottle of water at home and take it with you.

Because we can drink a beer without becoming full alcoholics?
Why do (continental) Americans have such problems with general moderation?

Bottled sparkling water I understand. Nothing wrong with that. But just bottled water? lmao that's for fags

apparently there are about 1300 drink water fountains in vienna maintained by the city

what do you mean? why not?

Based, this guy gets it.

>Belgians are so rich that they can buy beer without mortgage

theres water fountains here also, and a decent amount of public bathrooms. But not many public trashcans

We have very old school "water fountains" in forests and mountains, idk if it's placebo but the water there is incredible

Attached: trinkwasserbrunnen-aus-holz-mit-frischem-quellwasser-in-einem-wald-in-den-tiroler-alpen-in-osterreich-2ggj8tm.jpg (1300x956, 216.42K)