Wow

wow

Attached: 1646147627104.png (1063x1381, 3.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAjqGnQpVks&ab_channel=CNN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes because nobody protested the middle east wars ever user

I'm an American that was living in Manhattan at the time and I distinctly remember how gungho everyone was at the prelude of the invasion faggot.

none of this is true lol

People didn't care about the Middle East. Like ever. At least not here. We care about the immigrants because they came here (though I would have preferred not). The only people in Germany caring about the Middle East are the immigrants from the Middle East.

Gringo...

Attached: images (3)-1.jpg (298x315, 60.57K)

Yes, the nationalistic right wing was gung ho and attacked and invaded a country for bullshit reason. Now the nationalistic right wing Russia is attacking and invading country for bullshit reason. Nationalistic rightwing is the fucking problem. Always bullshit excuses for murdering people.

Some of the largest anti-war protests in history were protesting the Iraq war.

>implying Libya wasn't France's fault

This. Also, the West didn't intercede in Syria: that's why it's such a fucking mess.

About which invasions? I remember worldwide protests against the Iraq War you retarded zoomers.

Anglo is really the dindu race

>protests
It was treated at best "oh we must discuss this with some nuance" in that faux liberal "objectivity" legacy media loves to peddle and at worst(vast majority of the country and media) as you're either with us or a terrorist/traitor.
I also remember that time

Because America does things for a good cause while Russians do it for pure evil they serve.

Also fuck off to Any Forums

Libya was legitimately France's fault THOUGH. France had been pushing for Gaddafi's overthrow for decades, they were the first ones to conduct air strikes on Libya when the civil war started in 2011 (even before the rest of the western nations agreed to have the emergency meeting and attack, France bombed Libya pre-emptively), they were the first nation to recognize the NTC as the new legitimate government when Gaddafi was still alive, and handled the majority of negotiations in the entire affair. For once, not our bad.
Also people who like to bring up "but the oil and weapons deals" are missing that the oil and weapons were only a thing BECAUSE OF FRANCE MAKING OIL AND WEAPON DEALS WITH LIBYA FOR 20 YEARS, which all went sour in with the UTA Flight 772 bombing in 1989. By the time the US had stepped in with our bombing, France had already destabilized Libya to the point that Gaddafi's regime was untenable. But everyone loves to blame the US for everything that goes wrong so France's gigantic role in it all was swept under the rug.

No it wasn't lmao. There were warhawks in congress for it of course but there were also insane amounts of protests against the Iraq War as well. Like the other user said it's one of the most protested wars in history. You also weren't thrown in prison for 15 years for calling it a war and not a "special military operation".

youtube.com/watch?v=tAjqGnQpVks&ab_channel=CNN

The Iraq War was shit, a mistake and it shouldn't have happened but this false equivalency to the current war and it by Russian shills is full fucking retard.

Attached: 1646834367780.png (1004x1076, 433.75K)

unironically slit your throat

Nah I remember it too. The medias take was that if you weren't for the war you were the equivalent of a subversive traitor. Still the size protests in a time before serialised mass communication like today was really something.

* size of the protests

I often hear the analogy for Ukraine of "what if texas seceded and wanted to put russian missiles within its borders" to which I think the reasonable answer would be "well if Biden's response was to send a convoy of tanks to shell innocent people in Houston, i'd say thats wrong"

Is this a joke

No?

The Iraq War was extremely popular at first.

Now if you made how the Greek extreme reacts, you'd have:

>NATO vs Serbia : STOP THE WAR NATO KILLERS
>West vs Afghanistan : THE USA BASTARDS HAD IT COMING
>US vs Iraq : STOP THE WAR AMERICAN PIGS
>Russia invades Ukraine : Well now they obviously have their reasons, I mean, the west totally provoked the poor Russian babushkas

I was part of the anti-war rallies back in 2003 with Iraq, and I was there last week in support of Ukraine's independence. It's not like football where you pick a team and blindly follow them no matter what (although it seems that's what politics has become).

I swear this entire board is filled with 20 year olds or something. No it was not. It was around 50-60% favorability even looking at polls. There was jingoism in media and the populace but there was also massive, even worldwide, protests of the war. That isn't to say it was universally unpopular in the U.S, it wasn't, but It was a very controversial issue.

No it fucking wasn't, that's why unlike Afghanistan they had to spend basically an entire year to sell the war to the public because of how unpopular the idea was. I remember this shit, I was in high school when it happened.

yes Ivan that's why there were record setting protests against it.

Ukraine is in Europe, it's not the same.

wow

Attached: slavaukraini.jpg (1063x1381, 351.7K)