What is the downside to moving to some semi-rural Japanese town with virtually free homes??

What is the downside to moving to some semi-rural Japanese town with virtually free homes??

>inb4 it's hard to move there
no it isn't. this is a stupid lie that some gaijin continually perpetuate. Vast majority of permanent residency visas are accepted (greater than 90%).

>inb4 its super expensive
no it isn't. vast majority of places in Japan are cheaper than comparable places in the United States. Tokyo is equivalent in density to LA or NYC, it's faar cheaper than either city. Fukuoka is pretty similar to San Diego, it's faaar cheaper and has 10x more soul than San Diego.

Towns in Japan are cheaper still and aren't filled with opiod addicts and bumbling dumbfucks like the United States of AmeriKKKA is.

>inb4 there's xenophobia / you won't fit in.

No there isnt. This is the stupidest lie yet. Even in rural areas people are exceptionally nice and welcoming. Most gaijin are just literal losers who choose to live in Japan for years without ever actually learning Japanese, and then are surprised why they aren't fitting in there.

Japan is the best place to live in the world, it's cheap, it's developed, it's friendly and fun, fuck you all I am moving to JAPAN

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 2.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

homes.co.jp/akiyabank/kanto/tokyo/
youtube.com/watch?v=szRntqA9qaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waow

ywnbaj

rural japan is all old people if that matters to you

they will hate you, any feeling of welcoming is a façade

Not only will I become Japanese, but I am taking you with me

not that rural I mean like outskirts of tokyo

Attached: photo_2022-01-30 17.20.10.jpg (640x427, 96.18K)

this would look like a clean favela without the little pink tree thing

aren't those homes in dilapidated conditions?

I was watchign a show about a german architect who mvoed to rural japan to repair old houses

Attached: e495c6ffffed2d0758e38541777792f8.jpg (1000x1000, 58.37K)

ok? so post it

thoughts on this?

homes.co.jp/akiyabank/kanto/tokyo/

youtube.com/watch?v=szRntqA9qaU

that's pretty cool
his houses look nice

are you speaking from experience, or speaking out of your ass while sitting in your shitty dilapidated house in Detroit?

You are never even going to leave your state let alone the country retard. Have fun watching the United States fail and collapse

>What is the downside to moving to some semi-rural Japanese town with virtually free homes??
What you described and what you showed is non-existent. The virtually free homes are deep deep into the middle of nowhere, in towns who have only a small population of old people. But that doesn't matter anyway because homes in Japan - even in Tokyo which is the largest city in the world - are very affordable.

>Downsides of living in a rural area:
>Lack of many services that are available in cities
>Less jobs available than cities
>Less shopping options than cities
>Less leisure activities than cities

>Upsides:
>Close to nature

Here's my take on the points you already tackled:
>it's hard to move there
It's not
>its super expensive
Not even close.
>there's xenophobia / you won't fit in
I have never experienced anything like that. I live in Tokyo, but my inlaws have a vacation house out in the mountains in a nearby prefecture and we go there sometimes and people there are really nice to me too. Sometimes when I go I get free stuff like tomatoes which is nice.

>Tokyo is equivalent in density to LA or NYC, it's faar cheaper than either city.
The small suburban town where I grew up in America (population of 15k people) is more expensive than where I live in Tokyo.

>and aren't filled with opiod addicts and bumbling dumbfucks
You are right! This is an important point. My hometown in America was as you just described, and the lack of those two things is a big part of why I love Japan. Everyone here seems to have brain cells.

>Most gaijin are just literal losers who choose to live in Japan for years without ever actually learning Japanese, and then are surprised why they aren't fitting in there.
Damn user, you're right on the money! Even Japanese people online talk about this lol. Learn Japanese and follow Japanese culture and you will have zero problems here.

>Japan is the best place to live in the world, it's cheap, it's developed, it's friendly and fun
I agree.

what do you do user? are you a software engineer?

Currently I'm an engineer, but I recently got a promotion so starting in April (start of the new fiscal year) I'm moving into management. I came her as a student and I worked part time for a bit before I got my current job.

how's work life in japan for you? did you have a job in the United States previously, or did you move there after uni or something?

They want baka gaijins to stop shitting up Tokyo and Osaka.

At least in the countryside they're out of place and out of mind. Maybe they'll take up farming as well instead of shitty English teacher jobs.

You'll still never be Japanese and any neighbors around you will still treat you like a foreigner even if you live there for 30+ years.

Jobs and $
Most gaijins wouldn't want a rural job where you have to put in actual labor