Primates by Country

Are there any primates in your country? How do they feature in national culture and identity?

I know that in India for instance there's a trend of rhesus macaques kind of becoming urbanized and stealing food. Personally in Canada we don't have any natively, but people are really fascinated by them in zoos, especially how humanlike they are compared to other animals.

Attached: primate_distribution.png (1425x745, 44.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gw5O5oX67Gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I downloaded a car once

We have orangutans, but their home keeps on getting destroyed for palm oil plantations. The primates isn't related to our national identity tho. The komodo dragon is used a lot more when it comes to the national animal.

monkey banana

>Are there any primates in your country?
yeah
>How do they feature in national culture and identity?
no

My grandpa lives next to a monkey God temple. He keeps a rifle loaded with blanks for them (which is really rare here because you have got to have a license and shit)

Red faced monkeys mug people in my area and steal food that they may be holding. Also raid my grandparents garden for fruits.
Dogs help against red faced monkeys but if it's black faced monkeys they'll just spin the dog by it's tail since they're much larger
We have many animal gods and monkeys are no exception

>Are there any primates in your country?
Yeah
>How do they feature in national culture and identity?
We call them "flaites"

I wish I was a monke

are those the really dangerous ones? i heard they can lynch humans

there is one in kremlin in it's natural habitat

Are you making fun of our former president, upside down Poland.

Attached: trump-poland-visit.jpg (1600x1035, 864.91K)

Can beat and bite you to death despite being half the your size. Thankfully they're intelligent enough to know when to stop, they generally don't show any outward signs of aggression but there's an implied "threat".
For example you're walking home, and a red faced monkey stops you with an open hand (telling you to give him something)
Most of the time they're just chilling on rooftops and going through each other's fur

this map should have a green dot in moscow

he is talking about macaques

>monkey God temple
>not Hanuman

kys zoomer

Black faced, white fur monkeys (Langur), are usually pretty chill.

>i heard they can lynch humans
recently doggos and monkes had a blood feude. Humans had to intervene and take out the monkes.

youtube.com/watch?v=gw5O5oX67Gs

Attached: Sopa_de_macaco.jpg (260x365, 25.13K)

the maps wrong. we should be coloured in.

I didn't know the Maghrebis had monkeys. What the fuck, bros?

>they'll just spin the dog by it's tail

Attached: 1642863201792.png (550x535, 58.7K)

yea macaque is really popular with the ladies